Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Event Antags should take Prefs into Account - Or Say which Antag it is
This probably seems like a minor point, but I felt like saying it anyways. I am 90% sure that behind the scenes, the game already knows what Random Event Antag it is going to be when it delivers the prompt. The prompt should honestly ask you or tell you which antag it is spawning. OR take into account your prefs when spawning it.

Why is this needed? In practice every single ghost finds out what the antag is anyways. They're curious and look at arrivals and see what spawns in, so I don't think this would be a problem meta-wise. At least not anymore than it currently is. It just allows players to more fully understand what exactly it is that they are opting into. You could say the randomness is just part of the fun and "They should deal with it." but eh.

I've seen Random Event Antags get in and be like "Oh but I HATE blob I don't wanna be blob" and mostly suicide, while there are people in ghost chat saying they wish they were blob - and vice versa. Blob, Flock, Wrestler, Etc. Giving more transparency so people get the roles that they want can't be bad, right?