Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Antag Critter Ideas
Excuse me, we have a lot of robots that do not have an evil critter version, and I also felt like it'd be nice to have more variation besides fire elementals and gunbots. So we will need these post-haste.

Antag Critters

Securitron - Self-explanatory, to prevent being super insanely OP I would imagine it can get maybe one-two hits off before needing a long recharge.

Medbot - Give it a little hypospray and a chem synthesizer that makes some random evil chems. Also let it pour the chems into glasses and stuff.

Floorbot - Now, in addition to ripping up the floor, the floorbot should be able to ram people, and then rip THEM up when ontop of them. (Just some spooky bleeding and brute.)

Ice Elemental - Freezes people, leaves trails of Ice, just generally makes everything around them colder.

(Bonus Suggestion, not really antag critters but still antags. Organ critters for lings?)

Feel free to suggest more antag critter ideas. I figured this could be a big thread for it.
Securitron - No... just take the mall variant and insted of a baton make it a flash with a long cooldown like a secbuddy at best.
Medbot - Nu-uh, medbay has enough stress as is. Variant idea: "Drugbot" injects weed, lsd and such into their targets. Mostly used by active botanists.
Floorbot - This can cause breaches too easily, this one is just a hard no. At best.. it will just replace floor tiles with random tiles. Just to tick off OCD players.
Ice elemantal - Why not since you got fire?
Flockbits and Lingcritters would be funny too.

Also nah, aren't antag critters supposed to be at least a little dangerous? How is a long cooldown baton too much? A single flash would be useless.
(11-08-2022, 07:50 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: Flockbits and Lingcritters would be funny too.

Also nah, aren't antag critters supposed to be at least a little dangerous? How is a long cooldown baton too much? A single flash would be useless.

Lingcritters already exist in the rotation.

Flockbits... yea that is hilarious! They disrupt just enough.
One in one million chance to spawn Vivisector.
I was thinking plague rats could be an antag critter but given how powerful they can be if given the chance I'm not so sure now, thoughts?

More elementals would be fun. I've toyed with the idea before, where earth elementals could make a wall, water elementals could travel through sinks like toilets etc. That could snowball though, then you'd end up with a team of different elementals that work well as a team which might just be better for a more established thing I dunno.
(11-13-2022, 08:58 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: I was thinking plague rats could be an antag critter but given how powerful they can be if given the chance I'm not so sure now, thoughts?

More elementals would be fun. I've toyed with the idea before, where earth elementals could make a wall, water elementals could travel through sinks like toilets etc. That could snowball though, then you'd end up with a team of different elementals that work well as a team which might just be better for a more established thing I dunno.

when all elementals combine they summon captain planet
(11-13-2022, 08:58 AM)CalliopeSoups Wrote: I was thinking plague rats could be an antag critter but given how powerful they can be if given the chance I'm not so sure now, thoughts?

They’re also kind of indicators of a plague bringer which may cause some confusion
(11-18-2022, 05:10 AM)George_Manning Wrote:

They’re also kind of indicators of a plague bringer which may cause some confusion

Very good point, they're probably not suited for it.