Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow doing surgery on people standing up on surgery tables
Its weird that people can do surgery on themselves but you cant do surgery on them. When antag, while its nice to be able to sabotage people doing surgery lying down, its weird I cant do it on people standing up. This would also buff tactical surgery, which after the removal of viable bed surgery on others I feel like it deserves it.
Maybe add "straps" to specific tables.
The moment you "Strap" someone down, they can't get up?

Standing surgery will just increase people doing self surgery...
(12-06-2022, 05:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Maybe add "straps" to specific tables.

I've wondered why we've never had ways to restrain people on surgery tables, how else is the MD supposed to steal that staff assistant's liver when they're fidgeting all over the place without handcuffs? One flash and some weak KO chems isn't enough
(12-06-2022, 05:57 AM)Jakson Wrote:

I've wondered why we've never had ways to restrain people on surgery tables, how else is the MD supposed to steal that staff assistant's liver when they're fidgeting all over the place without handcuffs? One flash and some weak KO chems isn't enough

It would require an action bar like a restraining jacket would.
(12-06-2022, 05:57 AM)Jakson Wrote:

Straitjacket and N2O tank.
(12-06-2022, 05:05 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Standing surgery will just increase people doing self surgery...

You can already do surgery while standing, just only on yourself. My suggestion here is to allow other people to do surgery on you when standing up on a surgery table, instead of only the person on the surgery table being allowed to do surgery. This would allow you to sabotage self surgeries like you can with normal surgeries
To be honest, i got no idea what that would add. It already makes no sense that you are able to do self-surgery while standing, but that is needed because you cannot handle tools while standing.
So either we go with: "Surgery table + whatever is on it no matter what" = "Surgery approved"

I am fine with that too, but straps would be a fun RP gimmick/organ thief player.

Anyway I am fine with self surgery sabotage... the risk of having surgery without someone there should be this result.
i think standing up is the 'i do not want you to cut my brain out sir' of being stuck on the same tile as a surgery table
(12-08-2022, 06:24 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: i think standing up is the 'i do not want you to cut my brain out sir' of being stuck on the same tile as a surgery table

That's the way I see it. It's the person pushing away the doctor's hands and trying to get up off the table.