Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arcade Rework/Gaming FunHour!
After a while of being interest in acrade playing, I came to realize theres...something not really full about the gaming areas: I mean theres the claw machine game, which I guess is fun? But it seems very repitive in a sense? 

Tetris in a sense is fun but it gets boring after a bit, which is typical but you can go back to it to see how much further you can go, yada yada. Then theres this weird ass game, a strange RPG which is really not interesting and just seems to be a placeholder for some kind of fun and all?

Really the vr pods and goggles do soemthing, but i feel like goggles are better off than pods? 

What i'm getting to is that the acrade stuff is just really limited and even then at that, very boring. What i think what we could is replace the machines with something better! Like we're talking pong, a better claw machine of fun with a cool seperate game screen to play the claw game, more fun than just sitting around and waiting for a catch!

A run and gun game, like contra or metal slug. We're talking alot of potential here for the entertainment area for the potentially best part of the station, you know?

Hope this idea at least gets some attention, I really want to see much more for the gaming machines and all.
The RPG game actually gives you items if you beat em.
Some of these items are actually REALLY GOOD.

The Claw machine can be emptied by a player who has a certain trait. It also has fun plushies that can be used.

The tetris game is on your PDA too.

VR is VR.

In my opinion I do think the arcade can use another mini game or two... or something to interact.
I always say this.
If you can add a mechanic that benefits or is fun to interact with for both antagonists AND crewmen. You get more use out of it.

VR and the arcade? Not so much. It's flavoring at the moment.
Just like collecting those figurines... just fun flavoring to do, but in my opinion. That stuff would be fun for other things.
(11-08-2022, 05:33 AM)Kotlol Wrote: The RPG game actually gives you items if you beat em.
Some of these items are actually REALLY GOOD.

The Claw machine can be emptied by a player who has a certain trait. It also has fun plushies that can be used.

The tetris game is on your PDA too.

VR is VR.

In my opinion I do think the arcade can use another mini game or two... or something to interact.
I always say this.
If you can add a mechanic that benefits or is fun to interact with for both antagonists AND crewmen. You get more use out of it.

VR and the arcade? Not so much. It's flavoring at the moment.
Just like collecting those figurines... just fun flavoring to do, but in my opinion. That stuff would be fun for other things.

Yeah i believe thought the VR stuff should just be boiled down to the googles, or rather limited/put with the googles. I say the pods be removed. 

I do thing what you say is right, but I also think the PDA could be removed too and just keep the stuff in the acrade and all. I rather like to see what the devs could maake for more fun stuff, maybe another item giving machine to replace the RPG thing, to give it more fun rather than boring taking turns against some wizard or something, you know?

Probably could have a whack a mole game, a cool shooting game like a old cowboy 90's game. It would be interesting to see the devs make alot of cool work stuff for and all.

I see real good potential in this.
yea the arcade machine game boils down to nothing more than mashing charge power, healing, recharging power once your power is 10 or lower and then beating the opponent once you get enough hp.

pretty simple and boring but its one more thing that keeps me from flushing my head down the brig's toilet, although a replacement (with some effort put into it) would be alot better than what it is right now
(11-08-2022, 07:27 AM)Mantwerp Wrote: yea the arcade machine game boils down to nothing more than mashing charge power, healing, recharging power once your power is 10 or lower and then beating the opponent once you get enough hp.

pretty simple and boring but its one more thing that keeps me from flushing my head down the brig's toilet, although a replacement (with some effort put into it) would be alot better than what it is right now

Yeah, so like i said we can expect pong or some NES, or ATARI, or really a classical old-era game for a new acrade machine.
I'd love video poker or some other gambling games, but I think one niche that were missing is multiplayer.

You could probably expand the RPG game into a full fledged fighting game, where you pick characters with established stats and moves. Still turn based, but maybe with a few more options like moving closer or further away from your opponent.

Single player sets up to fight a succession of opponents, and at any point another player can come up and challenge you.