Complaint Mexicat, Morty RP, 22/11/7, 7:25 pm ast
Thumbs Down 
Admin: Mexicat

Server: Morty RP 3
Date/Time: 22/11/7, 7:25 pm ast
Synopsis: I was playing as bartender and had someone in the bar playing tetris for ages, I fed and watered them and after an entire drink and half an ice cream cone they woke up and started hitting me, I never hit them back despite dropping to red. They got arrested by beepsky and then brought to jail by security for continuing to chase me with a wrench. The rest of the shift goes by peacefully, but suddenly a few minutes before shuttle arrives I get banned with the message;
Chat    You have been banned by mexicat.
Reason: You were warned in the past for force feeding people. You're now back to force feeding people things. On RP. Take a break.

To try to resolve this matter head to https://forum.ss13.co
This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 3 Hours

Extra Info: I was never warned and I didn't know force feeding people to stop them from dying was considered griefing, I just reread the rules and realized it does technically fit but I don't think it's rational at all, I truly believe this was a case of this admin getting upset I distracted them slightly from playing robustris.

I don't think it's fair that I was banned for such a petty reason, without a previous warning despite what mexicat claims.

Update: I just looked at the round and saw that my character Jerrie Shirey had been issued a ticket for "force feeding pills" but that's not true, the only drugs I had were alcohol. I wish the security cameras could be looked at because my girl Jerrie is being SLANDERED.

update: just looked at the round review https://goonhub.com/rounds/144884 and saw my character Jerrie Shirey had been issued a ticket for "force feeding pills to someone" but that's not true, the only drugs I had were alcohol. I wish you guys could review the security cameras because this is SLANDER. it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it

I don't know how to use forums xo
1) Here's when you were warned in the past:

[Image: HX4YCse.png]

2) No, I was not the player you forcefed.

3) The player you forcefed was actively playing an arcade game. You're on the roleplay server. Use your words and ask someone if they'd like food or drink before shoving it in their mouth.

4) Don't forcefeed people alcohol - honky tonic in particular sucks - it's actually harmful and disruptive.

5) The ban was for like 3 hours, you can deal with it.
I just typed a long response for my computer to RUDELY crash and delete it so here is the short

1) Is it possible the warning was sent after round ended and I was off the server? I remember the burger moment well as it was my first time seeing it, it was during escape shuttle before it landed and I got off after. I didn't see it when I next logged into game either.

2) Honky tonic was a server issued quest. On the wikipedia (https://wiki.ss13.co/Foods_and_Drinks) it had no mention of being toxic when the wiki usually would mention any toxin or brute. it is trial and error learning on such an old game when the wikipedia isn't kept under review.

3) I'm not here to dispute the ban just to make a complaint.The moderation feels inconsistent because I've been brutalized by non antags with no text exchanged ( such as the fed girl who tried to kill me with a wrench in response) and it feels like unless one make a report it's unseen. 
I don't expect you to have crystal balls but every escape shuttle has non antags murdering others before round end and it's just a normal tuesday. I tried asking a mentor if it's against the rules or not for non antags to fight before round end when I observed a game for round end and saw the shuttle command had been murdered and broken into by the rest of the shuttle. They couldn't answer me and suggested I went higher up to ask. This is evident that the rules are so inconsistent that even a mentor doesn't know them.

TLDR: To expect players to try to navigate an unsteady path without tripping is unreasonable.
(11-08-2022, 02:10 PM)JenTheCat Wrote: Is it possible the warning was sent after round ended and I was off the server?

The admin PM'd you while you were still online; it's possible that you didn't see it or the message got lost in the scroll.

(11-08-2022, 02:10 PM)JenTheCat Wrote: Honky tonic was a server issued quest. On the wikipedia (https://wiki.ss13.co/Foods_and_Drinks) it had no mention of being toxic when the wiki usually would mention any toxin or brute. it is trial and error learning on such an old game when the wikipedia isn't kept under review.

If you aren't certain whether something is dangerous / griefy or not, then you should err on the side of caution. If you want to argue "well this niche thing wasn't perfectly comprehensively documented on the completely volunteer-run wiki", I'd like to refer you to what is clearly written in the second sentence of rule 1 on the rules page - This isn't limited to just killing people: dismembering, stripping, crippling, force-feeding, force-borging, uploading murder laws to the AI, setting up death traps, wrecking or depowering parts of the station, anything that explodes, etc. are all griefy. Ambiguity is inevitable, but if you'd rather deal with as little ambiguity as possible, then that sentence can serve as a good starting point for your understanding of what's okay and what's not.

(11-08-2022, 02:10 PM)JenTheCat Wrote: The moderation feels inconsistent because I've been brutalized by non antags with no text exchanged ( such as the fed girl who tried to kill me with a wrench in response) and it feels like unless one make a report it's unseen. 
I don't expect you to have crystal balls but every escape shuttle has non antags murdering others before round end and it's just a normal tuesday.

Expecting admins to somehow catch rulebreaks that you don't ahelp is expecting us to have the equivalent of a crystal ball. I'm sorry that you've had those bad experiences - please adminhelp all and any future rulebreaks you witness.

(11-08-2022, 02:10 PM)JenTheCat Wrote: I tried asking a mentor if it's against the rules or not for non antags to fight before round end when I observed a game for round end and saw the shuttle command had been murdered and broken into by the rest of the shuttle. They couldn't answer me and suggested I went higher up to ask. This is evident that the rules are so inconsistent that even a mentor doesn't know them.

Telling people to adminhelp instead of mentorhelp questions about the rules actually makes the rules more consistent since you're getting your source of truth from the people who actually enforce the rules.

Your complaint has been acknowledged and your points have addressed. We've determined that, yes, you have been warned in the past, even if you say you didn't see it, and no, this wasn't "a case of this admin getting upset I distracted them slightly from playing robustris", but rather a justified ban. I'll be locking this thread.