Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we still have the Printout?
I was wondering what the current purpose of the Prinout that appears in the Bridge does. Currently, it seems it for the most part give wrong information on what the shift is, and who the antagonists are. I think it should be removed, because I am concerned that newer players who don't know that the Centcom Printout if full of shit may act on the information given thinking that it is enough proof to arrest someone.
I think the intent is to allow the crew to investigate possible danger, but the main problem is most people assume it's wrong and ignore it.

Not to mention nobody ever investigates anything, You could effectively plant a traitor weapon on someone, and just say they did it and most security officers will take it at face value.
atomic1fire Wrote:I think the intent is to allow the crew to investigate possible danger, but the main problem is most people assume it's wrong and ignore it.

I'm pretty sure the report is pretty much just a randomly generated name. Putting any trust in what it tells is just silly. That's like saying, "I'm going to follow this man because he picked up something of no real worth but hey, he might do something with it, fuck don't ask me what.".
It has indicted me three times when I was actually traitor, random chance or conspiracy you decide????

I would actually like to know how the printout works, though
The printout has a % chance to select the right traitor, and then another % chance to select the right game type.

or something along those lines but fwiw i think its pretty dumb and it doesnt really help
I was playing a traitor head once and it implicated my fingerprints.

It's like a broken clock, right twice a day but I don't see why we should remove it.
I think it just adds some atmosphere. Yo, heads up, awful things may or may not be happening!
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I think it should be removed, because I am concerned that newer players who don't know that the Centcom Printout if full of shit may act on the information given thinking that it is enough proof to arrest someone.

"noobs exist" is not a reason to remove something.

I quite like using it when playing as a detective, it's fun to meet and question everyone on the printout.

Please never remove it.
I'm pretty sure there's only a certain degree of randomness to the printout. Now, this might not be true right now because some game modes have been changed and I don't think the printout was changed, but the printout always said at least let you extrapolate the round type.

now between you and me, if the printout does NOT mention a certain gamemode, it will not be that gamemode. Only a gamemode that has been mentioned by the printout will happen. (barring mixups from mixed/conspiracy mode, of course)

The printout could use an update though, if someone wants to I guess.
also sorry for double posting, but i'm pretty sure that the printout also says something like "This information is tentative, anyone who acts upon it without reason will be severely reprimanded." so that people who aren't familiar with it will know that arresting the people mentioned is bad.
Is it really a problem? I'm not trying to ask a loaded question, I've just very rarely seen anyone even read the printout, and never seen anyone act on it.
Another Large Issue with the printout is that in the announcement it says it has been printed out already. This is a lie, you have to print it yourself from a comms computer.
h3half Wrote:Another Large Issue with the printout is that in the announcement it says it has been printed out already. This is a lie, you have to print it yourself from a comms computer.
The worst part is that about 90% of the crew has no idea how to print it out.
yeah I did not really understand why we have it but it was explained in this thread so its not a big deal. To be honest I still don't how to even print the damn thing out.
download 01
file_print

As the captain, I make a habit of reading it, but never act on it. Also, I use it when I join late into an "admin fun" round to see any blazing Centcom announcements that had been made earlier.

Do not remove.