Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Of Flocks and Blobs - Quarantine / Shuttle Calls
(11-07-2022, 03:20 PM)Mouse Wrote: As I've brought up every time someone makes this suggestion, all this does it give a massive advantage to the crew by allowing them to simply hold the line until the blob player becomes exhausted, which is frankly pretty trivially easy to do!

edit: does automatic blob victory still require every single living blob player to hit 500 tiles?  Because if so then winning the game with multiple blobs could very easily be flat-out impossible.

Advantage to the crew? Because they're playing the gamemode instead of leaving? If this change happens, and a ton of people play and crew starts winning 10x more, that's a good thing. Then you have balance concerns to make, because what's happening there is people are playing the gamemode instead of leaving. If the gamemode is currently balanced over people eventually just 'giving' up, I think that should be addressed and changed.

---

I'd at least like for shuttle calls to be discouraged even if its not a permanent prevention. What if things like blobs and flocks had a single-use ability that let them recall and prevent a shuttle from being called for 10 mins?

---

As for other things, I think there would probably need to be a few things if there are fringe cases where the gamemode doesn't properly auto-end, but that'd be more akin to a bug, wouldn't it? Gamemodes should auto-end when they reach their objective. I just remember like six months ago I was random event blob and the second I hit 500 it greentexted and round ended.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Of Flocks and Blobs - Quarantine / Shuttle Calls - by TheMaskedMan2 - 11-07-2022, 07:40 PM