Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Antag Critters should be Immune to Flashes
Yes, I am making this as a full suggestion, and yes I think this is fair and balanced and to be expected.

Flashes are a common item that is essentially just an easy win button against any antag critters. You can argue all you want that Antag critters aren't supposed to be strong, but they take up the same weighting slot that a full antag will - and regardless, this wouldn't make them super OP or balanced, it would just get rid of the easiest cheesiest way to deal with them. They'd still be able to be stunned, shot, killed, etc, beaten to death in any other way of the many many tools the crew has.

This would just prevent five assistants from sprinting up to them with their pocket flashes and spamming the AoE flash before just clicking them and owning them for loot.

Is this partially a salt post? Maybe a tiny little bit, but I do genuinelly think they should be immune to flashes.
Both of these are from different rounds. The first one is from a firebot. The second one is from a cleanbot. I was an assistant who just ran up and flashed them. If nobody wants to buff the critters to be stronger, can we stop rewarding people for killing them more than they'd get from destroying a werewolf? This gear is legitimately broken. I don't have a screenshot of a third one, but I got GLASSES that were stronger than riot armor once.
[Image: Screenshot_231.png]
[Image: Screenshot_459.png]
I do feel like antag critters get taken out too easily in alot of situations.
Even critters from antags.. just one smack it's over.

Flashes do have an AOE effect if you used normally...so yea.. nerfing flash on them is a nice change..
(11-19-2022, 11:24 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: Both of these are from different rounds. The first one is from a firebot. The second one is from a cleanbot. I was an assistant who just ran up and flashed them. If nobody wants to buff the critters to be stronger, can we stop rewarding people for killing them more than they'd get from destroying a werewolf? This gear is legitimately broken. I don't have a screenshot of a third one, but I got GLASSES that were stronger than riot armor once.
[Image: Screenshot_231.png]
[Image: Screenshot_459.png]

I've been saying this for ages but people keep insisting that no one will kill them otherwise.
Why won't they kill em? Sure it doesn't happen in RP but they can cause problems...
Unless it's bucketbot or firebot.
(11-20-2022, 07:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Why won't they kill em? Sure it doesn't happen in RP but they can cause problems...

Because players tend to leave them alone for some reason, usually saying "they're doing nothing wrong."
(11-20-2022, 09:39 AM)mralexs Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 07:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Why won't they kill em? Sure it doesn't happen in RP but they can cause problems...

Because players tend to leave them alone for some reason, usually saying "they're doing nothing wrong."

I have literally never seen this happen.  Ever.
(11-20-2022, 09:50 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 09:39 AM)mralexs Wrote:

I have literally never seen this happen.  Ever.

It happens almost every single time I hunt down antag critters, especially fire elementals and cleanbots
The whole point of antag critters is that they’re weak.
(11-21-2022, 09:58 AM)George_Manning Wrote: The whole point of antag critters is that they’re weak.

They'd still be weak even if they can't get flashed. It'd just make it marginally less easy to annihilate them. Also why do they drop loot then? Let alone loot that is literally some of the best stuff in the entire game. There's no other antag where you get rewarded this much for killing them, let alone tiny little baby robots.
(11-21-2022, 09:58 AM)George_Manning Wrote: The whole point of antag critters is that they’re weak.

Antag critters share the same weaknesses as any critter sure...
The problem is... most other critters get to spawn once per 5 mins or as long as the Ling has DNA.
An antag critter is a one and done deal. You barely get to to interact and flash and pop.

This is why I am kinda for them being immune to flashes.
Cause either they will just hide all game, never get picked or killed within seconds of their special spawn.
All 3 options aren't as engaging for anyone.