Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A few ling ideas.
It's currently hard for a changeling to get DNA to get started. The 1st kill is mostly going to be the chaplain these days...
And also alot of the time the changeling DOESN'T take a disguise lower then itself... so alot of the stealth gameplay is lost.

That and poisoning/LSD makes alarms go off and betray the Ling if that person runs to a crowd.

And even if you get a kill.. critters will alert the crew as well.

So while I suggested LSD should get a buff where the person cannot articulate their words correctly or start saying random phrazes insted of their words due to the hallucingentic drug. I suggest some "other" abillities that allows more stealth approaches.

1st off this is in MIND that the changeling will have "classes" eventually so these are suggestions ment to be expanded upon.
My ideas are "Lacking"

But my idea "at the moment" is that the changeling gets 3 classes similiar to the Wraith and those 3 classes are:

1: More chemical based. (Allowing to even use gasses and such to make certain sections more "poisonous" and other injections)
2: Critter based (Allowing your criters to take beast forms like rats and such to gain DNA. Maybe even allow the changeling to take animal shapes as well to avoid detection and gain DNA by biting or poisoning/injecting as a critter insted of being a human nearby)
3: Mutation based. (Less stealth more direct action. Mutate parts of your body to do things... be more combat orientated when you get caught and such.)

So now to the abillities I think to add to our base changeling (if classes won't happen):

- "Transform Critter" become a critter for 3 minutes, dropping all items. 
You can now bite players and take your DNA... OR... "infect them" to become the next changeling if not treated in time (changeling player will take control after a while)
Do note... if we go infection round.. the critter "DIES" shortly after infecting their victim. 

- "Gas Gland"
Remove LSD and add a gas gland. How it wil work I have no idea "yet" but since the changeling is uneffected by any gas..

- "Chemical sting"
Are we even surprised you can change your sting to different chemicals insted of LSD/Neurotoxin/Capul stings?
It would be better if the changeling can also induce other things like a small disease or other chemicals to give different effects.
Add abit more of messing with players on a chemical level then only two.

- "Explode Limb"
I mean critters can explode into acid and heat... why not allow the changeling to turn their arms and legs into bombs as well as a last ditch effort before regrowing something? Mostly to get rid of cuffs.

And those are my few ideas...anyone want to PR it, you may. But discuss these ideas and balance it. Or make a better version of it for all I care :3