Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Attach surgical monitors to surgery tables?
Allowing people to select a surgery type and have the steps be detailed within, along with the health detail.

Alternatively, only Robotics's surgery table would be this advanced.

Or just keep the surgery PC next to the table as an attachment you can build.

more ideas: add a needle-arm over the surgical table - preload chemicals to be injected during surgery.

overhead icons during surgery like deconstruction with mechanics.
(11-05-2022, 05:20 PM)Cal Wrote: Allowing people to select a surgery type and have the steps be detailed within, along with the health detail.

more ideas: add a needle-arm over the surgical table - preload chemicals to be injected during surgery.

Yes please.
I am always for more ways of "INFORMING" players in game then "Open your damn wiki"
Some people did start a surgery rework, there's a stale thread in #imcoder about it if you're interested.
A medical practice dummy with plastic limbs and organs that make squeaky noises when you squeeze them. Has built in lessons where it's nose lights up and buzzes when you do something wrong.
(11-05-2022, 09:07 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A medical practice dummy with plastic limbs and organs that make squeaky noises when you squeeze them. Has built in lessons where it's nose lights up and buzzes when you do something wrong.

great way to save wear and tear on staff assistants
(11-05-2022, 09:07 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A medical practice dummy with plastic limbs and organs that make squeaky noises when you squeeze them. Has built in lessons where it's nose lights up and buzzes when you do something wrong.

Huh, i always thought they were called "monkeys". I like that idea.

Sounds like a fun thing to be used by antags too by rigging it with explosives or possessing it or such.

"YoU,Ve CuT mE wRoNg. YoU mUsT pErIsH nOw!"
-BOOM-

Or emags. Okay I am just being goofy, but the idea of this thing is pretty cool.
(11-05-2022, 05:20 PM)Cal Wrote: Allowing people to select a surgery type and have the steps be detailed within, along with the health detail.

See this is what I feel is the logical thing for the surgery computer to become instead of a largely forgotten and outdated medical scanner

(Incidentally this is how surgery computers on TG codebases (IDK which ones specifically, maybe bay and derivatives?), and also the more advanced surgery isn't possible there without using the computer.)

Chem dispensing is the IV stand's job, and I think the main for that one is I wish you could rate limit the flow of chems - having a blood drip in someone during a limb replacement ends up giving them hypertension a lot of the time. 60-100u intake isn't rare. :v
Surgery tips on the PC is still a cool idea...
Why was this topic ignored for so long...