Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Give Roboticists Protection Against Miasma
When a corpse starts to rot and can’t be cloned, most players’ first instinct is to throw it into robotics for it to be put into a borg. However, the process of extracting the brain to be put into a robot head is very bothersome due to the large amounts of miasma that dead bodies produce. Because of this, most roboticists end up either disposing of the body or throwing it into the morgue for it to be forgotten for the rest of the round.

If roboticists had a way to resist the effects of miasma, then I think this issue would be much less frequent. This resistance could be in the from of a mask that protects you from the toxic damage that miasma causes, or a tool that briefly prevents miasma from corpses.
Maybe try putting an air scrubber into the morgue?

To be honest, when i think about it, an air scrubber spawning in each morgue would be a good idea for exactly that reason.
(11-05-2022, 10:00 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: Maybe try putting an air scrubber into the morgue?

To be honest, when i think about it, an air scrubber spawning in each morgue would be a good idea for exactly that reason.

I remember there being some sort of air purifier in the game, but I wasn’t sure if it dealt with miasma or not. If it does then there should definitely be one that spawns in robotics or the morgue.
Do the sterile masks block miasma? If not this would be a simple solution.
(11-05-2022, 11:25 AM)Cal Wrote: Do the sterile masks block miasma? If not this would be a simple solution.

Not sure. I think I’ve tried it before and it didn’t work, but it’s possible that my memory is incorrect.
There is one. Gas masks. You can usually find them in maintenance, firefight lockers or some rooms where med-aid also spawns.
Only downside is that miasma makes you stinky fast in RP.
Why not just add gas masks to medical fabricators? Science can already make them, so it wouldn't be new. "Standing in miasma while working and breathing it in" is a common thing to do because of how difficult it is to obtain masks unless scavenging the vents, which isn't something medbay should have to resort to. You can ask science, but they're not always around / and or reliable.

So yeah, just add gas masks to med fab, allowing roboticists and medical staff to print them.
Nope, there's no reason for medical to just be walking around wearing gasmasks.

If someone wants to make sterile masks work against miasma that'd be cool with me.
(11-08-2022, 06:06 AM)Cal Wrote: Nope, there's no reason for medical to just be walking around wearing gasmasks.

If someone wants to make sterile masks work against miasma that'd be cool with me.

I am actually surprised THIS ISNT A THING.
Just a mask that "filters" out miasma in medical bay.
It would make the guy running the morgue more fun to do.

Infact some morgues/crematoriums have masks there but they don't filter anything.

Yea no gas mask, yes to sterile masks that block miasma and a few other things.
making gas masks and/or sterile masks block miasma inhalation would be a real nice qol thing definitely, but also the robotics department is usually within walking distance of a source of charcoal or embalming fluid. you got a safety net there to be a little sloppy