HoS Application - Art Breaker
Bug 
Usual character name: Art Breaker

BYOND username: Prichard
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Prichard
Recommended by (if applicable):  N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon 1, Heisenbee

Reason for application:

A lot of this application is the same as the one I made at the beginning of this year. I re-read it to make sure I wasn't a different person, and not much has changed. The only thing that happened is I rerolled my character and played more. I believe what I wrote then and I'll gladly re-apply under the same spirit smile

Just a quick bit of background, I’ve been playing SS13 almost exclusively on Goon since 2016 (I can’t believe it, doesn’t feel like that long). And for almost 5 years of that wonderful time I’ve been a mentor. I’ve had a chance to play all around the station, nerding out in each department to my heart's content, spending hours solo-exploring space and the adventure zones, doing obscene chemistry, all that. I’ve grown a lot as a person during that time too, and it’s had an impact on how I prefer to spend my time in SS13. The thing I’ve come to enjoy most in this game is interacting with other players, and there’s one role that lets me do that better than any other. Thus, I play security a lot, and every Friday I get the chance, I put on the beret. I’d like to be able to do that on non-Fridays too

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I’ve played sec for years now, between my numerous breaks that never last, and I can still remember when two shots with a taser stunned like a baton. When the taser was the ONLY option available for ranged weapons. When all of the gear was stored in the sec lockers and a lost baton stayed lost forever. Dagnabbit these new players don’t know what they were missing! In all seriousness I think security has made tremendous leaps forward. It feels extremely good to play and the QOL is through the roof. I love donuts so much.

I’ve ended up doing most everything there is to do as sec, and I’m not even close to bored. In fact, the exact opposite. A good deal of the time, I start the byond client just for this role. I enjoy the ability to help mitigate disaster on a station wide level, fighting off blobs, nukies, revs. And, even more, I enjoy helping individuals. When the station is too far gone or there is an acute crisis, teaming up with another player and making it through together is the absolute best.

I’m well versed, knowing what tools are available and making use of the full sec repertoire. I stay in constant communication with the team. And, especially recently, I feel I’ve gotten much better at pacing, like what to do with antags as the round progresses. I’m a pretty big softie early on in the round, preferring to fart on people, take their contraband, and remind them that crime is illegal. I used to be too much of a softie later on in the round too, but not anymore! I don’t shy away anymore killing antags if they have done considerable damage to the station, or experimented with murder :o Though when it must happen, I prefer to send them to get borged so they can keep playing. This is a positive development for me, and I can feel the beneficial effect it has on the rest of the station.

The most important thing I’ve learned is that Security is about having fun. And there is a good balance between fun for the antags and fun for the crew.

I love this job and I won’t let you down, coach.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Have fun with it! Security is the most extroverted role on the station, save perhaps medical. The job is all about interaction with others: your team, the antagonists, and the members of the station that you're trying to save from disaster. So seriously have fun with it! Treat others with respect and humor and you'll get the same back. It gives me the warm fuzzies when I see how engaging antagonists can be when they trust that you just want to make a round fun for everybody.For technical advice: Keep your PDA window open and set to either the port-a-brig or the crisis alertRobust(ed) donuts are it.Hand-Label your weapon tracker with your name and keep it in Sec HQ
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I will never get tired of swirlies for minor/early crimes   
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    I wish that there were a way to change someone's arrest status from a PDA appWhen crisis alerts go out, it would be so cool if clicking the alert had a little arrow (similar to the weapon tracker) directing you to the site. It's hard to remember ever place on each map, especially some of the small niche rooms 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When on a team, communication is the most important thing. Being able to coordinate with and trust your fellow sec is indispensable. But sometimes you have no team that spawns around you, and its important to improvise. When I'm the only officer I try to stay in communication with someone/thing I can trust. In these scenarios the AI is your best friend. I also look for trustworthy players that spend a lot of time out in the public areas of the station. Clowns will save your life at the low low price of a shoving and farting fight early on
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Secoffs are red, medicals blue
    It's 2022, let's bring back poo
  • Draw a picture!
    https://imgur.com/a/r6S50Ro
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I was banned twice in 2016 because I was poo
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!