Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fabricators are broken
Unsure if this just applies to robotics fabricators at the moment, but those are the ones I tested with. It should be noted that I was a borg at the time.

For starters, they won't accept all ores by click-dragging. I had a crate with a telecrystal in it, and I attempted to use the autoloader. It told me the crate was empty and no telecrystals were added.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Acquire crate with telecrystals.
2. Clickdrag onto manufacturer

I open the crate and clickdrag the telecrystal onto the fabricator. This causes me to stuff all the ISS surgical tools into the machine, however no materials were added. I assume they were devoured by Nidhoggr.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Acquire telecrystal
2. Put normal items next to fabricator
3. Clickdrag telecrystal onto fabricator

Then I move to leave the station only to find that my propulsion upgrade is gone, presumably stuffed into the fabricator with the rest of the items.
Except when I enter the docking station I find that the upgrade is still there. Removing it and installing it again returns it to my control.
Weird. confused

Finally, there's this quote from the game:
Quote:Robotics Fabricator has been hit by Unknown with the cable coil
I think there was just something weird going on with that specific round. Next round everything worked fine.
Just experienced this on #1. Couldn't add metal to the robotics manufacturers, so I dragged it from my hand onto the manufacturer to try and autoload. It consumed a cyborg frame that was mostly completed laying on the ground next to the manufacturer, a syringe, the metal in my hand, and then completely glitched my inventory. Logging off and logging back in resulted in every tile of my inventory being empty and inaccessible, having someone remove the clothing then let me put it back on and access it. It also swapped the visible hand selection, IE right hand picking something up showed as my left hand being active.

This is pretty broken, and as I see it now, there is no way to add metal to the manufacturers, and autoloading breaks a lot of stuff.
rifles Wrote:Just experienced this on #1. Couldn't add metal to the robotics manufacturers, so I dragged it from my hand onto the manufacturer to try and autoload. It consumed a cyborg frame that was mostly completed laying on the ground next to the manufacturer, a syringe, the metal in my hand, and then completely glitched my inventory. Logging off and logging back in resulted in every tile of my inventory being empty and inaccessible, having someone remove the clothing then let me put it back on and access it. It also swapped the visible hand selection, IE right hand picking something up showed as my left hand being active.

This is pretty broken, and as I see it now, there is no way to add metal to the manufacturers, and autoloading breaks a lot of stuff.

and actually I think the hand swapping thing was just a logout bug where it defaults to one no matter which you have selected.
Taking a quick look at the changelog reveals that you can now no longer add sheets or cable coils to manufacturers, use the ore recyclers to get ores and put them in machines.
Shoddy Wrote:Taking a quick look at the changelog reveals that you can now no longer add sheets or cable coils to manufacturers, use the ore recyclers to get ores and put them in machines.
Yep. That showed up a while after the round in question.

RIP Fabricators. frown
Shoddy Wrote:Taking a quick look at the changelog reveals that you can now no longer add sheets or cable coils to manufacturers, use the ore recyclers to get ores and put them in machines.

RIP Robotics 20??-2013.