Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trait Idea: EMP vulnerability
EMP is sort of an unloved step-child of status effects since its really only usable on security. My proposed trait would make anyone with it vulnerable to emps.

Effect: if hit with an emp, in addition to normal effects, disoriented (ear) is applied for 3-6 seconds,  allowing those who take it to be tangibly weakened to emps.

Fluff:  could replace all organs with non special "prosthetic" organs that have the same statistics as default organs but appearance OF cyber organs. I guess could bleed oil as well, or make blood contain blood and oil,  to make your own bleeding be even slipperoer to yourself, more vuln to being caught on fire,  and more of a pain to janitors.

Possible names: Budget Augmentation, Civillian Cybernetics, Grey Market Prosthetics, Bionic Spessman, 1000 Credit Spessman
Oh, i really like this. Maybe make it a jab at pseudoscientific claims like eletromagnectic hypersensitivity, make the person affected by the EMP scream and become disorientated out of fear.
This feels like it'll just be a free point gain as if antags wanted to damage people with grenades, why would they waste emp grenades for a 5% chance of one of the people they hit having this trait, instead of just throwing a regular grenade at them? EMPs are rare to the point youll basically never get caught in the cross fire if youre not a secoff as well.

The idea of a prosthetic organ trait seems really cute and cool however, though ideally they should have unique sprites and come with some gameplay effects. Maybe name it something like "interchangeable parts" or "Theseusian background" and have at random half of your organs be replaced with prosthetic organs which are less effective then regular organs.
Also a possibility! Emp rarely comes from emps grenades. It comes from the mutation or pulse rifles.

Furtner doesn't even need a -1. Could even be a +1. I just like the idea of augmented people most of all