Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[PR] Removes owner names from organs/limbs
(10-28-2022, 10:59 PM)Zafhset Wrote: 1) you lose the comedy value of beating someone up with their own arm in a fight
2) A bombing occurs that kills a crowd of people. A brain is recovered by an engineer but whose brain is it? the antag? an innocent crew? a random monkey caught in the explosion? Introducing doubt here is unnecessary.
3) you get caught in the explosion above, and lose a limb or two. You now cannot find your own limb in a sea of parts (you should really be able to tell your own limb apart). If limb rejection is still a thing, it becomes more problematic if you re-attach someone else's leg/arm and it starts attacking you.

1 and 3 arent real concerns. For 1, if youre in the middle of a fight, youre not going to pay attention to the name of random limbs, and if youre paying attention to things, youre going to notice them using your limb by them picking it up in front of you, instead of paying attention to names. For 3. Limbs inherit skin color, its pretty easy to tell which limb is yours even without a name attached.

I think the concerns regarding brains is fair, and if not already the case, I think this pr should keep names specifically for brains. I dont really see the need to limit that ability to medical roles.
(10-28-2022, 10:59 PM)Zafhset Wrote: 2) A bombing occurs that kills a crowd of people. A brain is recovered by an engineer but whose brain is it? the antag? an innocent crew? a random monkey caught in the explosion? Introducing doubt here is unnecessary.

I think the complete opposite here. Introducing doubt in this situation is the most important reason why this should be added. This punishes mindless cloning and the Drama/RP potential for cloning the wrong person is really there.

Beyond that, if the doubt makes it too dangerous to clone a unknown brain, toss it to the roboticist. Borging bedds to be more often be the right thing to do, especially on RP. And introducing when working with brainsdoubt can really help.

I wouldn't even give the ability to medical roles. Get a DNA-scanner if you wanna know exactly who it is.
(10-29-2022, 05:00 PM)Victoriae Wrote: What does this add to the game?

No one is going to be doing forensics on a pile of gibs + limbs.

yeah i was kinda interested in the idea in concept but in execution it just feels like a very arbitrary change that provides very little to the overall experience of the game. if you want the detective to get more chances to do forensic stuff, this does not feel like a good way of going about that. i often think about forensic procedure and how fun it would be to do that in ss13 but it's like a crumb of what the detective could truly be. not even a crumb. a crumb of a crumb.
Imo something being dumb is not a reason to remove it, I think its funny that if you lose your butt it has your name on it.
NT requires that all body parts be tattooed with their owner's name in case of accidents.