Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Radio Host Reaction Soundboard
The humble radio host spends most of their time cooped up in the radio station, banging out tunes and interviewing random crew members. Usually, the music they play doesn’t reflect what’s happening on the station (save for a few tracks that are pretty expressive, like Flight of the Bumblebee and some others), and when they do, they have a hefty cooldown attached like all the other songs.
To help radio hosts be a little more on the ball when it comes to reacting to what’s going on on the station, I think a soundboard to play different sounds over the intercom would come in handy. This mobile device would be completely separate from the record player (with a different cooldown timer that would ideally be shorter for easier comedic timing), and come with a series of assorted sound effects: a laugh track, a crowd booing, a round of applause, a crowd facepalming like in that one gif, a crowd shrieking in fear, and a crowd gasping. This would make for snappier reactions to major station events, general hilarity, and yet another way to make fun of the crew for their incompetence over the radio comms.
(10-24-2022, 04:52 AM)JulyJade Wrote: The humble radio host spends most of their time cooped up in the radio station, banging out tunes and interviewing random crew members. Usually, the music they play doesn’t reflect what’s happening on the station (save for a few tracks that are pretty expressive, like Flight of the Bumblebee and some others), and when they do, they have a hefty cooldown attached like all the other songs.
To help radio hosts be a little more on the ball when it comes to reacting to what’s going on on the station, I think a soundboard to play different sounds over the intercom would come in handy. This mobile device would be completely separate from the record player (with a different cooldown timer that would ideally be shorter for easier comedic timing), and come with a series of assorted sound effects: a laugh track, a crowd booing, a round of applause, a crowd facepalming like in that one gif, a crowd shrieking in fear, and a crowd gasping. This would make for snappier reactions to major station events, general hilarity, and yet another way to make fun of the crew for their incompetence over the radio comms.

I will only allow this... if we can turn the bloody channel off and not hear it.
No more "GENERAL" spam from the radio host, just normal general chatter!
i dont see the harm if there's a generous cooldown applied like there is between swapping records on the radio