Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LSD's effects
LSD... a drug in the game that makes you see things and hear things that aren't there.
And it has an effect that makes your thrist metre trickle down faster, but...

It mostly appears when a Changeling inject a player with it... and 9//10 that changeling will be given away since the person is suddenly having a LSD trip. Wich they can ignore and just shout: "CHANGELING"
While a fun flavor for RP, on classic people just start hunting down a ling. And even in RP some players ignore the LSD effect cause "I don't wanna trip out right now"
(Just like being dirty...)

So after asking in general what LSD does as well (wich I learned it lowers thrist by 0.04), I don't think it's an effective drug to be used for a changeling.
Most "worthless" abillities of antags have some sort of joke or reason behind it. Heck the "Syndicate Hat" litterly is a thing to make you say: "I am a traitor and I am hardcore" with some humorous miasma with it. 

But LSD is a normal abillity of the changeling... and something alot of newbies will use to only tip someone off they are a changeling without "doing any harm"
So I recommend LSD does something more gameplay wise.

I recommend the following:
- Impairs movement in some way (like moving in the wrong direction sometimes or slow downing and such)
- Scrambles player sprites and makes everyone unknown around the effected player to that player. (Suggested in my research topic by Lord_Earthfire)
- Scrambles speech patterns of the player (Makes em incoherent or say lines like: "THE MONKEYS ARE COMING FOR ME!" when they try to write anything, thus imparing their communications)
- Tripping (Cause you know you are having a bad acid "trip"? ..Yes I went there)

These kinda things would make LSD more of a fun trip but also a way for antags (mostly changelings) to use it to impair another player.
What do you guys think?
Do you think other drugs should also have some more effects like for example Weed makes you able to take less brute damage cause you are so numb?
Let's discuss this! (And hopefully someone can make a PR since I can't code XD)
Quote:and 9//10 that changeling will be given away since the person is suddenly having a LSD trip

This could be fixed by adding a delayed reaction to the sting like Geneticist's speed injector.

Personally I'd like to see a a way for Changelings to inject reagents from inside their body into others. Meaning they'd suffer the consequences of the chemical life loop while its in their reservoir ( I want to inject people with Rajaijah).
(10-25-2022, 06:08 AM)Sacchi Wrote:
Quote:and 9//10 that changeling will be given away since the person is suddenly having a LSD trip

This could be fixed by adding a delayed reaction to the sting like Geneticist's speed injector.

Personally I'd like to see a a way for Changelings to inject reagents from inside their body into others. Meaning they'd suffer the consequences of the chemical life loop while its in their reservoir ( I want to inject people with Rajaijah).

I think this is even a better thing. But this means the changeling suffers from chemical damage.
Also some changlings being friendly will put them full of healing chems and heal players.

But not bad either way to add.
LSD sting isn’t really meant to have a use. It’s a haha funny instant put yourself button, like the syndicate hat is for traitors.
(10-25-2022, 08:35 AM)George_Manning Wrote: LSD sting isn’t really meant to have a use. It’s a haha funny instant put yourself button, like the syndicate hat is for traitors.

The thing with the syndicate hat it still has miasma functionality wich causes some damage, is loud and obnoxious and can't be removed easily.
The joke of that hat is that it still serves a purpose that players HAVE to deal with.

LSD's hallucination can be 100% ignored by players as an "inconvience"

Also... the syndicate hat is clearly SHOWN as a "Jokey" item when you read the description.

The LSD effect on the other hand... has no description or such.. just a button..
There is nothing wrong with giving it a slight effect as changelings have it hard enough getting their 1st kills.
IMagine if you have to combine both stings to make sure no one shouts "LING" over the coms due to LSD unable to talk?

Also vampires do not have an abillity that is "HAHA LOOK IM A VAMP" all their abillities have a function.
So.. yea....
Every vampire ability is "HAHA LOOK IM A VAMP". I like the idea of more LSD effects though.
(10-25-2022, 11:39 AM)LeahTheTech Wrote: Every vampire ability is "HAHA LOOK IM A VAMP". I like the idea of more LSD effects though.

Exactly.. right now LSD is a nuisance at best and a fun reason to act crazy in RP.
But so will people using meth or weed.. so if LSD makes someone incoherent, it not only adds a use for Changelings, but other antags by drugging their victims and hilarity to see what crazy things you will spout under LSD.
LSD's use is to cause a victim of your punching to think your punches are illusory until it's too late... rather niche but that's that
Not exactly what was suggested here, but I had a stab at making LSD hallucinations a bit more realistic: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/11613
(10-24-2022, 02:16 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I think LSD should make you see everyone as "unknown", scrambling their sprite.

Would make it actual usefull in RP and usefull for changeling in general.

I really liked this idea, because it would be funny if the crew were now all talking fruit or something
I've partly added that, people around you can now appear to transform into critters. Making their names Unknown only on one client might actually be impossible however due to the way names are handled.
I mean, making everyone appear as unknown was an idea to screw around with validhunting changelings on classic.

But even this is a great change from what LSD used to be and it plays into its use to obfuscate assailants attacking you. Thanks, Leah!
(10-27-2022, 12:53 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: I mean, making everyone appear as unknown was an idea to screw around with validhunting changelings on classic.

But even this is a great change from what LSD used to be and it plays into its use to obfuscate assailants attacking you. Thanks, Leah!

I think either your suggestion of "Making every player/npc look scrambled with the name "unknown" or "Scramble their speech to say random phrazes" is litterly the best way to go.