Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Medbay Morgue Labels Ala Artifact Labels
Would end up being nothing useful but a fun gimmick thing to do for RP. Instead of having to pull up the forms from the wiki, having a little tray with a pre made form that you can stick to the body would be fun. 

Stuff like: cause of death (oxy, brute, toxins, burn), if they had anything inside them like bullets, etc. Give the morgue a standard template so when you pull out a body from the tray you can go “ah yes, the hop died after huffing plasma, I remember now.” Or, sec comes around and asks you to explain how the person died (rare). Figure it out with your brain, slap the paper on the body, send it off.

Morty
(10-22-2022, 12:29 PM)Roddy Wrote: Would end up being nothing useful but a fun gimmick thing to do for RP. Instead of having to pull up the forms from the wiki, having a little tray with a pre made form that you can stick to the body would be fun. 

Stuff like: cause of death (oxy, brute, toxins, burn), if they had anything inside them like bullets, etc. Give the morgue a standard template so when you pull out a body from the tray you can go “ah yes, the hop died after huffing plasma, I remember now.” Or, sec comes around and asks you to explain how the person died (rare). Figure it out with your brain, slap the paper on the body, send it off.

Morty

A morgue log would indeed be a fun addition to doctors or by that.. chaplains.

If you are surprised when I said Chaplains... they have the crematorium and sometimes have a morgue/autopsy room of their own.
So giving them to the duty of logging the deaths or checking it. Can be a fun side activity....
"IF" cloning wasn't super prevelant...
If anything body decay and cloning screws up any autopsy you could do, since you want to get a player back in the game as soon as possible, then toss the body into the reclaimer to get it going.

BUT... if body tags have to be made from an archive...before you can reclaim a body (unless it's hacked or something).
Suddenly a mortician job opens up. Who has to check the body (or put whatever tag on it) before adding it to the reclaimer.
Of course monkeys and organs are still able to be thrown in as well as synth meat and such.

At the moment of adding it does nothing more then it getting ignore as morticians are already getting ignored...
Something like the ticket system that Sec has, but it's for doctors to declare time and cause of death.

Prints a toe tag, shows up on round end
Labellers?

Also an obscure feature of the morgue units, you can use a pen on them to label them.
(10-23-2022, 01:44 AM)BatElite Wrote: Labellers?

Also an obscure feature of the morgue units, you can use a pen on them to label them.

Labellers work for simple stuff, I think what's specifically asked for is an elaborate form akin to a "Coroner" job, something that Medbay / Chaplain have been sort of shoe-horned into and could honestly be almost its own gimmick job.

Being able to put a little sticker on a corpse that tells you how and why it died could be really cool for a detective that's checking up on corpses. Additionally, it's just a fun little side activity for chaplain rounds that have little else going on (which on RP is most rounds).

I was going to take a look at the label code anyway, I might push a PR for this when I get the chance.
(10-22-2022, 11:41 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something like the ticket system that Sec has, but it's for doctors to declare time and cause of death.

Prints a toe tag, shows up on round end

This would be super cool on RP, and hilarious on classic.
For RP you can also use the tags as a way of a "new job idea"

Insurance Agent.
I already play this 50% of the time when I am a traitor chaplain (where the contracts are insurances)
But now... we can have a player "pretend" to be one to check if the insurance claim is correct of a player dieing.

Infact it would be a fun flavor of the day job too.
"NT's Insurances, we insure you are covered"
youarenotwellinsuredinfactwemightnotpayoutdeathiscommoninspaceanywaywecantinsureyouagainstaliensdevouringyouimplodingfromgravitybeingsendnakedintothevoidorgettingattackedbyaflyingtoolboxrememberyousignedthewave.