Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Securitron Modding
Here is one of the things I see with Securitrons: you need to add the weapon last. That got me thinking about what happens when you add different stuff like a stapler? Boxing gloves? Welder? Revolver? Lasers? Officer Beepsky sees a criminal and instead of stunning then he punches them in the crotch. Or he shoots them.

Now picture how funny if someone used an emag on it.

Hapless Assistant [145.9] says, "HELP BEEPSKY IS EMAGGED HE SHOT ME FULL OF STAPLES!"

Criminal McLawbreaker [145.9] says, "Beepsky punched me in the crotch"

We could definitely benefit from this.
Securitron boxing? Shootouts with Beepsky? I'm in.
I don't know if adding lethal weaponry to securitrons is the best idea... Having an infinite-use taser floating around the station just waiting to fuck over anyone with a petty crime on the books seems a bit overboard. v

On the other hand, Boxer Beepsky is the greatest idea ever. Maybe act like he has a Horseshoe glove (Since it's a robot hand inside!) and every hit winds whoever he's punching. Also, since the recent changes to how tasers work, a taser beepsky might not be the worst thing ever. He'd still be able to shoot you from a distance, but one hit wouldn't be an instant game-over for the unlucky antagonist. We definitely need Shotgun Beepsky, too, for when Shit Gets Real and Beeps has to lay down some Street Justice.
And by "infinite use taser" in the first sentence, I of course meant "laser". Damn my Freudian slip!
Alright. Hear me out. Beepsky with a WRASTLIN BELT.
I would literally make it my life goal to cover the station in double emagged, groin punching securitrons.

1000 times support!
Things that are non-lethal like the boxing gloves or the cream pie or flash bangs would be ok. If it was emagged you'd be able to add more dangerous armarments like lasers, revolvers, sarin grenades, etc. Of course you'd have to do a relatively hush-hush combination of tools on the securitron to add these things. Something like card lock > screwdriver > welding tool > wrench or whatever so that traitors didn't make rogue c-sword beepskys every round and it would take some knowledge to pull off.
I think allowing Securitrons to accept lethal weaponry is okay. They're not Guardbuddies, so they can't be programmed: the most you can do is Emag them and that makes them hostile to everything, including you.
Embolism Wrote:I think allowing Securitrons to accept lethal weaponry is okay. They're not Guardbuddies, so they can't be programmed: the most you can do is Emag them and that makes them hostile to everything, including you.
I've gotten stun-cuffed by Ol' Harner for holding a stun baton to trust him with a laser gun.
Maybe Boxer beepsky could be some kind of training robot. Someone pushes a button, and then tries to last long enough to KO Boxer beepsky.

Like a mechanical bull that punches you in the groin.

Except when emagged, then he runs around doing that to everyone.
Karakoran Wrote:
Embolism Wrote:I think allowing Securitrons to accept lethal weaponry is okay. They're not Guardbuddies, so they can't be programmed: the most you can do is Emag them and that makes them hostile to everything, including you.
I've gotten stun-cuffed by Ol' Harner for holding a stun baton to trust him with a laser gun.

Harner is a Guardbuddy, not a Securitron. Plus weapon recognition only works on guns, not batons.
Stapler Beepsky would be a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Anticheese Wrote:Double Emagged Stapler Beepsky would be a beautiful, beautiful thing.
I fixed that for you.
atomic1fire Wrote:Maybe Boxer beepsky could be some kind of training robot. Someone pushes a button, and then tries to last long enough to KO Boxer beepsky.

I am in love with this idea. instead of a stun baton at the end of his arm he has a boxing glove. Optional awesome tier if it could be done: adding in wrestling soundbites (probably best if non-Maecho Mean voices can be obtained) to play in place of Beepsky's usual LAW soundbites.
atomic1fire Wrote:Maybe Boxer beepsky could be some kind of training robot. Someone pushes a button, and then tries to last long enough to KO Boxer beepsky.

So yeah
[Image: v1RSgVk.png]
[Image: u9sTOgA.gif]
Secbot for budding boxers. It throws normal punches at the body, and stops when stuns. You can punch it back to which it will turn off when it reaches a certain damage.