Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BRASS KNUCKLES!? (TRAITOR ITEM)
Okay okay, just hear me out...

You all know how you could stuff horseshoes into boxing gloves to make them deal a little extra damage when punching, right?

And you guys know the new "stealthy" Bladed Gloves?

What if... we combined the two....? Conceptually. 

BOOM. Brass Knuckles. A 2? TC item that you're either able to hide in any of your gloves or wear normally in your glove slot like a real tough fella. Increases your punches by like, I dunno, 8 brute? Suggestions in that regard would be appreciated. The code necessary is probably there since it'll work like the boxing gloves, y'know? 

Now, why the hell would we want this? 

Well, you see, there's a real criminal lack of TRULY inconspicuous melee options as a Traitor. The bladed gloves track blood EVERYWHERE and they have their own unique forensic fibers that practically give away their traitor status to anyone with a forensic scanner. And the syndicate omnitool? Pfft, c'mon. 

Plus, it'd be cool as hell to look like you just robusted the shit outta someone with your bare fists. 

Obviously, there'd have to be a downside to it, like a different noise when you punch a fella with the knuckles equipped. 

This feature isn't REALLY needed, but I think it'd provide some nice fashion and an alternative to just whipping out a derringer or something for cheap CQC. 

Gimme your thoughts and suggestions! Honestly, this was a spontaneous idea that came up while I was showering, so I'm probably missing a few fine details, but do tell me if this would be pretty neat to add!
Ive always wanted a sneaky punch glove for traitors. Some kinda Sap Glove?
(10-15-2022, 07:04 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Ive always wanted a sneaky punch glove for traitors. Some kinda Sap Glove?

Ooooh, okay, Sap Gloves sound badass. What if they defaulted as brass knuckles, but could be combined into a pair of Sap Gloves? 

It could have an additional description like "These gloves seem heavier than they seem..." or something like that.
I love the idea of something like this. Any melee weapon that seems inconspicuous but packs a punch (heh) sounds like a fun time to me.
(10-15-2022, 10:10 PM)Munien Wrote: I love the idea of something like this. Any melee weapon that seems inconspicuous but packs a punch (heh) sounds like a fun time to me.
Awesome to see some people expressing interest in this! There's just one, very minor issue...

I can't code. Tried my hand at it, and I just... suck, lol. 

Sprites? Sure! I could figure something out. But I'd need someone with coding experience to collaborate if this were to become a reality.  space bear
(10-15-2022, 10:25 PM)SirSwagmeyer Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 10:10 PM)Munien Wrote: I love the idea of something like this. Any melee weapon that seems inconspicuous but packs a punch (heh) sounds like a fun time to me.
Awesome to see some people expressing interest in this! There's just one, very minor issue...

I can't code. Tried my hand at it, and I just... suck, lol. 

Sprites? Sure! I could figure something out. But I'd need someone with coding experience to collaborate if this were to become a reality.  space bear

I can't promise anything since I'm really busy atm but I'd be happy to give the code for it a crack when I have some time, if nobody else does!
I lied, I hyperfocused and did a rough code of it tonight. So far I've got it as standalone brass knuckles for 2TC (open to changing this), that can also be inserted into boxing gloves to make them stronger (but not with a horseshoe already inside). They can be removed from the gloves using a prying tool, and give an additional description when inside so if they are confiscated someone perceptive could notice that they are unusually bulky. They do roughly between 12-16 damage per hit and a bit higher when inserted into the gloves, though I'm happy to tweak percentage modifiers if anyone has an issue with it, I'm not a big numbers guy. My code probably needs refining, but if you wanted to get some sprites figured out I'd be happy to PR this with you.
12-16 damage for an item you can't drop is a lot
That's a good point, I can change that. Just not used to percentages over raw numbers, and was mostly comparing it to the other glove weapon which I think does 11 and bleeding or 22 on special iirc. I'll do some more testing when I wake up and see if I can't find a sweet spot for it that's a bit lower.
If I'm not wrong the bladed gloves do 11 each hit on special, and 21, if you hit them directly in the body, plus bleeding. It costs 3 tc, can't be dropped nor viewed by analyzing them, and also can be activated and deactivated. Against someone without body armor it's quite something, but otherwise it's lame.
Having a glove item that dealt more damage would need to cost more tc, be viewed on analyze, something like that. But another glove item for traitor seems cool.
(10-16-2022, 04:54 AM)Cal Wrote: 12-16 damage for an item you can't drop is a lot

Don't the bladed gloves do a bit more? I reckon maybe 8-10 or something in total is solid.

(10-16-2022, 04:53 AM)Munien Wrote: I lied, I hyperfocused and did a rough code of it tonight. So far I've got it as standalone brass knuckles for 2TC (open to changing this), that can also be inserted into boxing gloves to make them stronger (but not with a horseshoe already inside). They can be removed from the gloves using a prying tool, and give an additional description when inside so if they are confiscated someone perceptive could notice that they are unusually bulky. They do roughly between 12-16 damage per hit and a bit higher when inserted into the gloves, though I'm happy to tweak percentage modifiers if anyone has an issue with it, I'm not a big numbers guy. My code probably needs refining, but if you wanted to get some sprites figured out I'd be happy to PR this with you.

Honestly I'm baffled at your speed. I can't believe someone took my suggestion to heart! I'll try and work on the sprites tonight, and if not tonight, I'll get them done throughout the week when I'm not swamped with work. I'll owe ya one HUGE for the code! I hope we can PR this together!
Id just say let them be used on gloves other than boxing gloves to make sap gloves. The boxing gloves already have the horseshoe.
(10-16-2022, 06:36 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Id just say let them be used on gloves other than boxing gloves to make sap gloves. The boxing gloves already have the horseshoe.

Oh, right, they should probably be excluded from boxing gloves/power gloves. Heck, it'd be funny if you'd get shocked from trying to put the knuckles into power gloves or something smile
(10-16-2022, 06:36 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Id just say let them be used on gloves other than boxing gloves to make sap gloves. The boxing gloves already have the horseshoe.

I did originally make it so they could be inserted in any gloves but I am not smart enough to code to account for all the things this meant (shoving them in rings, power gloves, bladed gloves, cutting the fingers off black gloves deleting it, etc.) but if anyone wants to have a go at it they are more then welcome!
BEHOLD, A ROUGH DRAFT OF MY SPRITE!
(I'm too anxious to make an actual PR yet)
[Image: unknown.png?width=726&height=676]
Tell me your thoughts!