Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
[MERGED PR] Merges mechanics with engineer
mechanics already really feels like a subjob of engineer, in a similar way that chemists are a subjob of scientists, just lacking the individual label. a personal positive of this pr for me is getting rid of the "whos job is it to fix things?" question comes up fairly often whenever something needs fixing. you could separate them into structural versus technological repairs, but... why would that really be necessary? either are entirely capable of both, the only gate being engineer's access to the mech lab or the mechanics access to more repair tools

i personally dont see mechanics using mats from engineering as an issue because they Already Do All The Time, along with anyone else who can hack doors. as long as cargo is up and running, getting more materials isnt an issue i see really becoming a problem simply because of the combining of engineers with mechanics. anything specific to a mechanic could easily be done by an engineer, more people in the mech lab just means more mats needed to suit everyones projects, which means qms are seeing a lot more interaction later into rounds

also think this would largely give a good step in the direction of engineers being construction people. conworker being offed was unfortunate for people who genuinely just liked to build stuff, so i think this role being made into a structure *and* machines guy will make construction a lot less anti qol

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 10:39 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-16-2022, 05:54 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Retrino - 10-21-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 07:21 PM