Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
[MERGED PR] Merges mechanics with engineer
I personally think work should be focused on making playing engineer more enjoyable without interfering with another job, seeing as there are clear distinctions between the two.

For example giving engineers more things to do like what Frank_Stein mentioned, and at the same time emphasizing their role in station repair would help greatly. Giving them more options for how to power the station would be nice. Also electrical faults do not happen nearly enough, giving them a lack of purpose beyond initially getting the power running.

For mechanics I think it'd be a good idea to give them more ways they can use Packets/MechComp to aid the station, as currently most of their uses are gimmicky or outright harmful. This would also help emphasize their role as the more computer focused counter part to engineers.

As well as making both having a clear distinction between the two jobs I think it would be important to also give them ways to collaborate, for example connecting power machinery to the packet network and giving a valid reason to use it.

The RKIT is a definite overlap between the two jobs, so moving it to something like a shared construction room wouldn't be a horrible idea. The ABC-U could also be included here along with other building supplies.

To be clear I don't think anything about the goal of this PR is wrong, I just think it can be accomplished without removing another job and I'd be more than happy to help with it.  B-33

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 10:39 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-16-2022, 05:54 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Conchuckter - 10-20-2022, 12:23 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 07:21 PM