Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
[MERGED PR] Merges mechanics with engineer
You do raise some valid points with this, my initial response was a negative one when reading the title, as someone who genuinely enjoys the slow pace of a Mechanic as opposed to the oftentimes frantic nature of an Engineer during initial set up, I think it's more complex than simply merging the two of them, however there's a definite case to be made. Additionally, there's an additional workload coming with this change that sees merging both Mechanic's Lab and Engineering, as on a couple of maps, those two are really far apart (Cogmap 2 for instance).

The second issue I have is that... 8 is a ludicrously large number, Mechanics were already a job that simply had far too many people. I'd be much more comfortable in a range of 5-6 instead. Security Officer is currently the largest job with 5, though if you count the Detective who does basically the same you land at 6, so there's a precedence for that sizing, but 8 is obscene, because that will lead to the same problems as before. Not to mention, many maps don't nearly have enough equipment for even 5 Engineers, let alone 8.

Personally, I'd prefer to diversify both Mechanics and Engineers as their own unique jobs, adding new goals and aims to Mechanics while giving Engineers new tools, but I'd also like to hear what other people are saying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 10:39 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Glamurio - 10-15-2022, 02:54 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-16-2022, 05:54 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-15-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 05:59 PM
RE: [PR] Merges mechanics with engineer - by Ikea - 10-21-2022, 07:21 PM