Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Server 2 (Bombini) and Build Mode
The past four days, Server 2 (Bombini) has had its mode set to repeated sessions of 24-hour extended crash rounds (abbreviated further on as 24hec rounds).
Recently I saw somebody ask whether it would be reverted to normal as opposed to it being a permanent thing. A dev told them not to count on it.
I think it would not be good for Server 2 to indefinitely be those 24hec rounds. Before this, it fulfilled the niche of being the only Classic (non-RP) server that didn't have a consistently very high population. Without any changes to the current status quo, this niche which I believe is useful is lost.

Therefore I would like to somewhat-formally ask (and open to discussion and thoughts on the subject), via this post, that some change is made that would restore that niche being available, at least in part.
The three main solutions I thought of are as follows, although I would love to hear other possibilities.

1. An end date is announced for the 24hec rounds, such as in a certain number of days; 3 would be a nice round number since it would make it a week of such rounds.

2. There is some manner of alternation or scheduling of 24hec rounds, such as day-on, day-off of it. This could furthermore help by making it not just 24 hours of one, then the other; by alternating between, say, 24hec rounds and 26 hours of regular rounds, the beginning time for the 24hec would shift, which would help transfer its beginning and end time throughout available times. As-is, barring other ways for time to pass between 24hec rounds, if you can't attend the beginning/end of one, you won't be able to attend any.

3. Server 2 is returned to normal and Server 5 is opened as an exclusively 24hec round server. I assume, however, there is some obstacle in terms of practicality that prevents this, since I have seen similar suggestions for server 5's usage before not get implemented. If it is practical, however, it seems like the best of both worlds.
yes, i fuckin hate the idea that goon2 is just an admin shitpost server, use the literal event server for events not goon2. Christ
i really do hope this isnt like permanent, since i cant really go to heisenbee if i wanna play classic, seeing as my internet can barely handle bombini already (and rp is NOT an option!!!!(since i kinda enjoy playing classic)). i did really think the idea was pretty fun at first n i do enjoy and support more admin events on goon2 but now the 24hr stuff's gotten a tad bit repetitive, i think itd probably be better if nanotrasen picked us up from this wicked planet and brought us back to our beloved cog1

im not the entire bombini playerbase but i think this is a pretty commonly shared sentiment with most people who usually play on here
I think it would be an idea to make it a "once per month" thing. Like ASS DAY was in earlier days.
yes i think thatd be a good compromise i think, not too much so it gets boring, but also not never