Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Secret Chems from the Bartender Round Objectives
Yeah, yeah, we know, round objectives are optional. But, especially for new players, these goals are a great way to guide gameplay and give them something to do. The extra Spacebux you get from completing it doesn't hurt either!

So... Why are the secret chems among the ones you might be asked to make? I guess it encourages you to figure out the recipe during that shift, but that's an arduous task-- can sometimes take a full shift or more, which is way longer than any of the other shift tasks take. They should probably just be removed from the pool.
This will require a dev to implement. I asked about getting a list of the secret chem ID's when I originally made the bartender and chef randomized objectives in order to blacklist them from the randomizer. I was just told they would handle it. Real life got busy and I never followed up. I'm not sure if the secret chems can be blacklisted without working in the secret sub module that only devs have access to. Those types won't be recognized by the public version of the code alone.
New tech I caused to exist now lets us do this without secret module access: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/11375
Good work!