Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
More ways for beepsky to set you to arrest
Very simply, I think beepsky should set you to arrest if you smack them. They set you to arrest if they...see you peeing which is interesting. I have talked with people before about minor crime characters before and more simple ways to set yourself to arrest that doesn't include public urination would make me happy. 

On top of this, it would add a bigger problem for people looking to kill beepsky for their stun baton. As they are now set to arrest if they weren't before. 

Could also make beeps set you to arrest or something if you flip them off. Just some nice flavor with a little bit of a use.
I don't really like the public urination arrest thing, especially since it does so even if Beepsky doesn't see it. Specific medicine, like calomel, makes you pee as a result which is a medical procedure, so it's always weird that they get set to arrest afterwards. The other thing is underage drinking, which does happen almost every game and while weird that it happens when you are not in view of a Beepsky, is something I personally like. (unless it's involuntary, but that's hard to check for)

That being said, I absolutely think Beepsky should set you to arrest for assault. A couple of other things I think are fitting are stuff like damaging property such as tables, perhaps even breaking into places you don't have access to (looking at you, EVA).
Just to clarify, the arrest status gets set if the crime is done in the field of view of a camera, and not beepsky.

There is 2 more more or less reliable ways to get set to arrest which are underage drinking and reading beespky's journal (the book you can find in the crate in his house).

I think that we do not need more things, especially not BnE's and assaults, mainly because it would make it VERY hard to crime unnoticed, especially on RP, and it would literally kill people defending their own lifes or breaking in EVA during an emergency.
I’m pretty sure beepsky already does go after you if you smack them, it just doesn’t set you to arrest. I cannot tell you many time times on nukie, blob etc rounds I accidentally hit beepsky and almost/do get taser. Being set to arrest would be so much worse.
(10-12-2022, 04:31 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: Just to clarify, the arrest status gets set if the crime is done in the field of view of a camera, and not beepsky.

Then how about reworking it so arrest is only set when the crime is witnessed withing X tiles of Beepsky? That way it's less punishing if people break into somewhere, but Beepsky still remains relevant. I think being set to arrest isn't a bad thing personally, a lot of times (at least on RP), arrest warrants lead to more gameplay and interaction, not necessarily hostilities.
(10-12-2022, 03:28 PM)Glamurio Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 04:31 AM)Chatauscours Wrote: Just to clarify, the arrest status gets set if the crime is done in the field of view of a camera, and not beepsky.

Then how about reworking it so arrest is only set when the crime is witnessed withing X tiles of Beepsky? That way it's less punishing if people break into somewhere, but Beepsky still remains relevant. I think being set to arrest isn't a bad thing personally, a lot of times (at least on RP), arrest warrants lead to more gameplay and interaction, not necessarily hostilities.

On Classic, being set to arrest -is- a big deal, it leads to situations such as being set to arrest for the rest of the round because security is apathetic or busy, and in some cases can lead to security/everyone with a SecHud leaving you to die because you are valid enough to be on arrest (I've seen jailbird-trait-havers be killed for nothing).

Not saying that that's proper security procedure, it's pretty much ahelp-able, but in practise this would lead to an incredible amount of arrest statuses in a round, even if it's just in Beepskys field of view. I say just rely on actual players reporting breakage/entry and assault to security.
(10-12-2022, 04:23 AM)Glamurio Wrote: I don't really like the public urination arrest thing, especially since it does so even if Beepsky doesn't see it.

IIRC it's based on whether a camera sees you, which I think is a good method for people to keep in mind if they try to come up with things to get in trouble over
every player should start on arrest

There is 2 more more or less reliable ways to get set to arrest which are underage drinking and reading beespky's journal (the book you can find in the crate in his house).

I think that we do not need more things, especially not BnE's and assaults, mainly because it would make it VERY hard to crime unnoticed, especially on RP, and it would literally kill people defending their own lifes or breaking in EVA during an emergency.

Yeah I specifically don't  want to make antagonist life harder really (unless they are killing beepsky for their baton anyway) maybe that is the pivot here. I do think beepsky should probably set you to arrest for assaulting them directly.
Honestly, not a big fan of this. When I'm playing sec I have to decide whether or not the staffie covered in blood who's set to arrest is a tangible threat I need to use force against, or a new player who got drunk in the bar and got set to arrest.

I feel like being set to arrest should be a major thing to happen to you, and it should really only be done by a player.
I think there's some things you can do with this. Maybe you can have beepsky be aware of the clearance levels associated with the area they are in. If they detect an a person with an ID in that doesn't belong there, run some kind a routine where they give you a timer to leave before chasing after you.

Public Indecency if you're undressed, Assault if they see you hitting someone. Animal abuse if it's a monkey.

Maybe they could even just give you tickets for minor infractions. Public intoxication, failure to appear in court
(10-23-2022, 02:44 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think there's some things you can do with this. Maybe you can have beepsky be aware of the clearance levels associated with the area they are in. If they detect an a person with an ID in that doesn't belong there, run some kind a routine where they give you a timer to leave before chasing after you.

Public Indecency if you're undressed, Assault if they see you hitting someone. Animal abuse if it's a monkey.

Maybe they could even just give you tickets for minor infractions. Public intoxication, failure to appear in court

Clearance level gonna cause problems with players visiting those department (especially patients in medbay)

Public Indecency for SURE, as well as vormitting in public.
Assault if hitting someone will make boxing matches hard to do with beepsky (unless the boxing ring is where they ignore it)
Animal abuse YES! DO THAT! Too many free animal murderers on the loose! "But what if it's a monkey?" Then beepsky arrests both the monkey and player. Simple as that.

I would love to see beepsky ticket people for things.. but failure to appear in court is too hard to see...I think tickets can be given if they see someone shoving another player/monkey.
(10-23-2022, 04:28 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Animal abuse YES! DO THAT! Too many free animal murderers on the loose! "But what if it's a monkey?" Then beepsky arrests both the monkey and player. Simple as that.

NT has transcended animal rights. That's why we got monkey pets and the rancher is general.