Cherman0 (Zoey Roy & DreamSeeker) Mentor Application
Smile 
Usual character names: Zoey Roy & DreamSeeker
BYOND username: Cherman0
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Cherman0#7348
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: 3 & 4

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

Whenever I’ve got a bit of spare downtime, I often find myself hopping into the goonstation discord and checking all the game-relevant channels for interesting chatter. Between college, work, and whatever other random stuff might be going on, I often don’t have time to play a full 90 minute RP round, but answering questions or coming up with bizarre theories on ss13-questions scratches a similar itch and I’d like to be able to apply that to mhelps and help people out in-game.

When I do have time to play a few rounds, I’m a CE main at heart and often play a borg or AI when I’m looking to spice things up. In terms of experience, things roughly break down as follows:

Engineering
  • Engineer: What I consider my main and where I’ve got the most experience. Given how RP engineer doesn’t really have any regulars, I often find myself teaching new engineers how to configure the engine and get a stable burn running. PTL record is somewhere around 2.5 million credits.
  • Mechanic: First started playing the game as a mechanic. I’m familiar with mechcomp and packets, and know some flashy things like remote controlling the teleporter.
  • Miner: Played miner for a while as I got more comfortable with how the game worked in general. I know what all the ores count as for fabrication and often teach new miners how to do their stuff without dying of horrible radiation poisoning.
  • Quartermaster: Pretty solid experience. I know all the major strats for making money and some pretty optimal autoseller designs. Certified ctrl+f enjoyer on the crate menu.
Medical
  • Medic: I know the medical conditions and how to treat them. Pretty familiar with surgery, but I still pull up the wiki page anyways because it’d be awkward to take out the wrong thing if I misremembered.
  • Roboticist: Mostly experienced second-hand as a borg. I know how building borgs works and how surgical replacements work.
  • Geneticist: Pretty solid experience. Know how to find HCDNA and do the more important gene combinations. I will always encourage geneticists to get out and actually ask people if they want scans, or at the very least to ping the party line whenever they’ve got something good for sale.
Science
  • Scientist: Familiar with artsci, DWAINE, and the teleporter. I get how chem and toxins work but with my characters haven’t had a ton of RP reason to go into any major depth with them.
Civilian
  • I haven’t really found the civilian roles to interest me, so I don’t have much experience with them. I get the concepts on how they work, and at least as much mechanics as can be gleaned from the wiki.
Security
  • I can’t claim to have any first-hand experience with playing security, though if I ever get around to making another character I probably would. From observation I understand the general culture in terms of leniency/brig times on RP, and know how to use SecMate from experience as AI.
Silicon
  • Cyborg: What I play when I’d like to not have the responsibility of a head role and want some more flexibility in terms of what I’ll be doing this shift. Am able to answer questions on law interpretations, following orders, etc.
  • AI: Similar experience as cyborg, though with the added bonus of being able to set intercoms to your private frequency to snoop on people. I prefer to watch and quietly let things happen, unless its either a rampager that needs shut down or some non-player opposing force, like kudzu or wasps. Otherwise, not livestreaming the ling to your AI displays keeps things possible for the antags. Outside of dealing with antags, I like to be chatty with the crew and generally observe and comment on the strange happenings of space.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

None
Knowledgable and friendly. Never seen them be anything but a positive pressence.
I haven't interacted with Cherman much in-game, but they've always been a knowledgable and friendly presence on the discord, answering questions and helping people with a good attitude and a wealth of game knowledge.
Zoey Roy is a character I trust and have learned a lot from in-game. Always a joy to be on an engi team with Cherman, and they treat everyone they interact with in-game with a great deal of respect and patience. have had a lot of fun with them on nadir maximizing the engine and teaching loads of new people the engine setup (and ai upload breaching), so they're definitely approachable and reaching out to dozens of players already. pretty much a mentor in all but name, ime

Think they'd be an upstanding member of the team and that the role would be a good fit to their attitude.
From what I've observed they got a lot of knowledge that they're happy to share and teach. Nice and polite in how they approach different people. Overall, good qualities that I believe would go hand-in-hand with the mentor tools provided.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some concerns regarding your behaviour. Feel free to reach out to us via discord if you wish some additional info. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!