Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interrogation room
I kludged a little interrogation room into a round with buildmode. Consider it a sketch, not a final layout.

[Image: hHzFf.png]

Moving the detective's office up a couple tiles to share a wall with the electricians makes a big enough gap between Security and the Detective's office for a little questioning room. One door to the detective's room for him to enter, and one from Security for them to toss suspects into the other side so the detective can question them. There'd be an intercom in there so the guards can listen in, and it might give the detective a reason to use the tape recorder. Might be better with the old confessional sliding doors or a different color of airlock though, I don't like having so many red airlocks in one area.

Detective and security players: if this existed, would you use it?
needs a phone book to hit suspects with.
That looks so cool
I would use the hell out of this room as Detective. Too bad you wouldn't be able to prop the door shut with a chair or flip the table so you can go beat the truth out of them, but I suppose people would be terrible instead of funny with that. As for the doors, maybe just use glass sliding doors, like in the bar?
For the doors maybe make some "security already inside security" doors.
Once you've passed a fully red door have a gray door with a red stripe or something for everything inside security that doesnt lead out of security. If that makes sense.
Also that room is awesome.
I'd throw criminals in there all the damn time, providing the detective was willing to be a detective instead of security meets pistol maniac.
There should be a waterboard. and those other movie torture devices. It'd be a lot better than just punching someone.

Also a special chair where if you have a strapped victim, everytime you punch them, there's a blood splatter and a message that reads

"Quinton Boeggles back-hands Roscoe Kaur!"
"Roscoe Kaur's head snaps sideways! He spits blood!"

Or something less lame than what i came up with.
I'm trying to encourage questioning and conversation, not goddamned torture. No waterboard.
Cogwerks Wrote:I'm trying to encourage questioning and conversation, not goddamned torture. No waterboard.

Oh, come off it. We all know what happens in the "Interrogation" room.

Setting the electric chair to shock, asking questions and jolting the victims just would seem dumb with a specially designed interrogation room. Maybe you'd have to build the devices for when the opportunity calls for it?? The options are endless!

or the torture device kits could be detective traitor items? oooohhhh!!!
I think it might make more sense to have it structured so that the sec door is on the west side, the detective's access is on the east (it could even be an extension of his regular office), and there was a switch-operated door to the main hallway that was controlled by a button requiring sec/detective access.

The reasoning being that it would work not only as a place to interrogate captured prisoners (which the current sec office usually functions as), but a place where someone who is mildly suspected of something or was accused of a crime by someone can come by to talk-- the middle ground between "we have no reason to suspect this guy of anything" and "we need to arrest him and search him." They could enter the interrogation room from the main hallway instead of going through the sec office proper.

Thus, if I were a traitor and there was some suspicion on me but I felt I could talk my way out of it, I'd be more likely to try in a sort of 'neutral' area where I could immediately make a run for it if the interrogation went sour. Currently "coming in for a talk" means going into the security office, where you're easily surrounded and your only escape is going into the disposals-- a riskier proposition if your BS skills aren't up to snuff.
What's to stop someone from just using a animal control backpack with a remote signaller to shock someone whenever they don't give a good enough answer?

Do electrical chairs work with remote signalers, The threat of death by remote would be pretty funny, especially during a interrogation.

Actually you could just get chemistry to make some dangerous chemicals and just inject them, as a form of rudimentary torture.

That being said an Interrogation room is probably better off not being a torture room, we all know security would just harm baton someone to death if they didn't like the answer.
atomic1fire Wrote:What's to stop someone from just using a animal control backpack with a remote signaller to shock someone whenever they don't give a good enough answer?

Do electrical chairs work with remote signalers, The threat of death by remote would be pretty funny, especially during a interrogation.

Actually you could just get chemistry to make some dangerous chemicals and just inject them, as a form of rudimentary torture.

That being said an Interrogation room is probably better off not being a torture room, we all know security would just harm baton someone to death if they didn't like the answer.

those are just so passe though. If you're like me, you want, you NEED some flair.
Also, i've tried before. electric chairs don't work with signalers.
Damnit people stop running the idea into the ground already with your preemptive griff.
If Security wanted to beat a guy to death that they did not like they would use the brig, adding the interrorgation room would not make sec transform into shitlers that beat people to death for farting on them because they did not admit to being a traitor.
Just spawn an additional Russian revolver in there. No table-turning, no waterboarding, nothing. Just ask the punk if he feels he's lucky and play the game. (If the game goes south for the interrogator, well, it's their fault.)