Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
make combat harder
MyBlueCorners Wrote:Help/grab intent doesn't make you attack, so this probably wouldn't be a huge problem

The Toolbox in my hand doesn't seem to care if I'm on help intent, it's going to continue to smash that unconsious person in the head. I assume this would stay in this new combat system.
the bumping idea is very shitty this isn't mario kart
guys lets just make it so when you are in the same room with someone and u click a button it kills ever1 for you.

Ugh that bump idea is almost as bad as that one idea where there is ghost jobs.
nerf punching, add "concussions" (if they're knocked out they wake up disoriented and blurried eyes). i'd like to see more flavor text instead of "OMJ hits Pubbie McFuckFuck in the head with a toolbox" it could be "OMJ swings with the toolbox, connecting with Pubbie's face!" that'd be hard to code, but I do like the idea of that/
also how come only punching has a chance to miss? let there be an option with everything except guns could miss, I doubt everyone can swing at someone with a heavy oxygen tank and connect 100 percent of the time
"OMJ swings with the oxytank but misses Pubbie's face!" like 10 percent of the time.
tia
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:so if someone gets bumped by a guy with a saber hes fucked?
Pubbie Joe rolls on the floor, trying to put out the fire!
Butts McGee says, "I'LL SAVE YOU"
Butts McGee hits Pubbie Joe with the fire extinguisher!
Pubbie Joe seizes up and falls limp, his eyes dead and lifeless...
While a lot of these suggestions are AWFUL i think that knockout times in particular are way too long, especially the punch stuns.

On the old forum (rip) i had a comprehensive list of knockout times for the most common items, as well as all the punch times..

If i Remember correctly:

Being winded : 7 secs
being 'knocked out' (by fists): 45 secs

almost all 'common' items (toolbox, oxygen tank, rods, etc) This is a slightly different matter. I found that the more injured you where, the longer the knockout; However even the knockout times for a 100% healthy guy are ridiculous!

in this case, being knocked unconscious while 100% healthy lasted for more than 3 minutes with almost all items, going up to 5 mins if you where really injured

The original data is totally lost (forums gone, and new hard drive) so i may actually do them again.
other weird stuff:

An aggressive grab, which can be achieved almost instantaneously if lag permits, can cause someone to black out immediately. People are conscious longer walking into space naked than getting choked.

Choking someone who is conscious (winded, stunned, K.O.d, but not blackscreened) should take longer imho

On the flip side it's kinda silly how any mask item/headgear item will protect someone from being choked. The only items that really makes sense for are the space helmets and maybe biohoods
mozi Wrote:On the flip side it's kinda silly how any mask item/headgear item will protect someone from being choked. The only items that really makes sense for are the space helmets and maybe biohoods
I AM WEARING A FAKE MOUSTACHE! I AM IMMUNE TO YOUR SILLY SUFFOCATION TOMFOOLERY!
It would be cool if grabbing someone agressively stops them from moving and people actually have a reason to use the RESIST button.
s
Also chokes should be slightly nerfed, currently i can just run up to a guy in a lag spike grab him passively and mash the upgrade button until he instantly passes out. :P
I love the new aggressive grab and smack against ground/window/wall thing that seemed to be just implemented, because it actually does some serious damage. I was going round mindslaved with a taser, taserin them, then just smacking their heads in with a choke. I suppose this makes the grab more lethal.
I would agree that there should be a resist time that if you tap resist when someone got the choke on you, that you can start throwing in a few punches, hoping for a stun or a wind (which should I agree should also be nerfed somewhat) and then you might be able to start choking him back and it a resist/punch/choke match between each other, until someone pulls away.
I wouldn't think that would be too hard to code