Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strange science of breaking into lockers
Just found out today that the HOS locker not only holds an extra HOS headset (very useful for traitors and goofballs alike), but an energy gun as well. Now, with this new found knowledge I naturally broke into HOS' office and stole the locker, but when I used my traditional method of breaking into lockers, plasma lightbulb bombs, it did literally nothing. To add to my confusion, after about 4 light bombs, I leave the room and return shortly to find the lockers been opened??? What could've caused this, and what's a more reliable method for opening strong lockers in the future?
Lockers got changed a while ago to use a health system, with security/command lockers having more health than others. Now if you want to crack them open with brute force, you either need to use multiple explosions, or just shoot/bash it until it breaks.

Note that a few lockers (like the HoS/armory ones) are reinforced, and can only be damaged by explosions and higher-power kinetic guns.
(10-07-2022, 08:32 PM)weezerfan2001 Wrote: Just found out today that the HOS locker not only holds an extra HOS headset (very useful for traitors and goofballs alike), but an energy gun as well. Now, with this new found knowledge I naturally broke into HOS' office and stole the locker, but when I used my traditional method of breaking into lockers, plasma lightbulb bombs, it did literally nothing. To add to my confusion, after about 4 light bombs, I leave the room and return shortly to find the lockers been opened??? What could've caused this, and what's a more reliable method for opening strong lockers in the future?

As a previous post says: "Powerfull HP so stealing it takes alot of times insted of: "Throw bomb and run"

But I am more curious on Why did you try it? Were you an antagonist? If not... don't do this stuff. Don't encourage it either.
The HOS and Armory locker only take explosion damage. You can't wack them at all. plasma light bulbs I don't THINK do enough, but maybe the plasma in the aire ignihghted to get enough? They have hp, explosions do hp damage, its the best explanation I have.
without getting too mathy, the lockers have 300 health; plasma bombs work but you might need anywhere from 1-5 and you need to have the locker directly under the lights (relates to how the explosion damage is dispersed in the area of explosion, which is 3x3). If you cant risk the hassle of trying multiple explosions, consider using a pipebomb and place the locker on the same tile as it.

also you can rig Sylvester like a light and explode him using the light switch in the area multiple times, if you dont want to rebuild lights
In non explosive terms though, when this system was new I tried it out on a locker (cannot remember which type but one of the high health ones I think) and it took 67 wrench hits. That's way too many for an activity this dull, I'd halve locker health at least.
Tbf wrench only does like 5 damage, which puts it on the lower half of “scroungable weapons” in terms of damage it does
HoP has an Egun like captain now? Damn.
Wait I misread HoS as HoP. Nevermind.