Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
make coffee have an overdose.
Coffee as it is right now is a very safe stimulant. thats fine and all, but i would like SOMETHING to happen if i drink 10 cups of coffee in 2 minutes. 

what i suggest is that we add an overdose to coffee [60-100u] that basically has a SMALL [1-2%] chance of you getting cardiac arrest/failure.

its a small addition that isn't TOO risky but will make drinking LOTS of coffee not very good for you.

please give feedback on this in comments, thanks!  Here's to us!
The whole point of coffee is to have a low-powered stimulant with no drastic negatives, if you want a more stimulating experience with actual drawbacks that's what meth and the other many drugs are for. Personally I'm not too fond of punishing people just for drinking coffee, especially since it exists for free in so many places now.
I am going to leach off of this post to say I have always wanted an effect for drinking an absolutely ludicrous amount of coffee, like the futurama scene with 100 cups of coffee. Maybe the overdose effect of coffee wouldn't need to be bad but like....at 300units or near body reagent cap you get enhanced effects and maybe a downside. Something you would need to try to obtain. Not something meant to be a punishment.
(10-06-2022, 05:38 PM)Scaltra Wrote: I am going to leach off of this post to say I have always wanted an effect for drinking an absolutely ludicrous amount of coffee, like the futurama scene with 100 cups of coffee. Maybe the overdose effect of coffee wouldn't need to be bad but like....at 300units or near body reagent cap you get enhanced effects and maybe a downside. Something you would need to try to obtain. Not something meant to be a punishment.

This idea is probably better, if im honest. maybe not such a punishment, but a slight downside with benefits. i like this idea better than the original idea.
(10-06-2022, 05:38 PM)Scaltra Wrote: I am going to leach off of this post to say I have always wanted an effect for drinking an absolutely ludicrous amount of coffee, like the futurama scene with 100 cups of coffee. Maybe the overdose effect of coffee wouldn't need to be bad but like....at 300units or near body reagent cap you get enhanced effects and maybe a downside. Something you would need to try to obtain. Not something meant to be a punishment.

imagine if you talked so fast that just cameouttogetherlikethis, or some kind of inverse lag where everything seems so long on your end (but are moving extraordinarily fast to everybody else, to where it would just be like a flavor visual without any real positive usecase)
As a avid coffee addict, maybe add a very small amount of stomach damage on overdose. Like 5% for 1 stomach damage at over 70u or something low like that.

Most likely nobody gets there, to land in medbaybut this will certainly be an achievement in and for itself for some people.
(10-06-2022, 04:06 PM)Sonnzer Wrote: Coffee as it is right now is a very safe stimulant. thats fine and all, but i would like SOMETHING to happen if i drink 10 cups of coffee in 2 minutes. 

what i suggest is that we add an overdose to coffee [60-100u] that basically has a SMALL [1-2%] chance of you getting cardiac arrest/failure.

its a small addition that isn't TOO risky but will make drinking LOTS of coffee not very good for you.

please give feedback on this in comments, thanks!  Here's to us!

cardiac failure/ARREST just for 100u of coffee? that's just an easy-to-obtain initropidril right there.