Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SyndiBorg Manufactory
Hello hello welcome to my EVIL IDEA
yes all the text will be red
So, basically what's going on here, syndicate cyborgs parts. These parts would provide a variety of things, but mostly reinforcement. Included: A red docking station, no idea what do with it. The method of acquiring these parts? A surplus crate, specifically the SyndiBorg Manufactory Crate. It comes with a random assortment of SyndiBorg parts. This would be accessible to both Robotocists and the Nukie upload (Considering they do have a medbay, why not put it to use?)
All heads would be flash resistant, and you are guaranteed to get at least 1 head and a Syndicate cyborg frame. I do also have a SyndiBorg frame sprite if you want to have a fun paint for the crate's consistency. Also, syndicate omnitools instead!

ARMS:
Syndicate Cyborg Arms: a pair of extra-reinforced borg arms. No difference
Syndiborg Riot Arm: the riot shotgun of gunborg locked into one of the borg slots.

HEADS:

S.B.E.A.H: SyndiBorg Enhanced Assault Helmet. Would show up less in the crate, but heavily reinforced.
Syndicate Cyborg Head: Basically looks the same as the gunborg head. Moderately reinforced.

LEGS:

Combat Treads: If you have 2 combat treads, you will deal a tiny amount of damage when you run someone over (walking over them while they're laying down). Otherwise just acts like reinforced treads.
Syndicate Cyborg Legs: Just normal cyborg legs but stronger. Per usual for the basic parts.

CHESTS:

Syndicate Cyborg Chest: A mildly reinforced cyborg chest.
S.B.E.A.C: Just the S.B.E.A.H but a chest!

MODULES/UPGRADES:

Combat Knife Upgrade: Drains your power rapidly, but will stab the closest person every few seconds. Kind of like that slapping virus thing i got once, but with knives!
Syndicate Jetpack Upgrade: Jetpack upgrade but drains less power and is red. Not too sure about this one.
Syndicate Efficiency Module: Greatly increases efficiency. Another rare item.

Gunnery Module: Gives you a gun in your tools, but you lack most other tools. Maybe gets a syndicate combat knife, even though it can't throw it?
Firepower Module: It's fire power! Gets 2 recharging flamethrowers.
Support Module: Gets basic mediborg items and a cybernetic hypospray that has some stimulating injections, such as meth.

So that's basically the idea! Pretty cool huh? I have literally no idea what else to write but here are my sprites!

Oh yeah there's also the oiler thing. I dunno. Maybe it makes borgs move faster??
Sprites are really impressive and I'd love to see this be added, but there's no way I personally would have the time to work on this.
(10-06-2022, 05:03 PM)NightmarechaMillian Wrote: Sprites are really impressive and I'd love to see this be added, but there's no way I personally would have the time to work on this.

Why thank you, i thought my sprites were quite mediocre.
First impression, love it.
Sprites are looking amazing, and I believe it would be a refreshing option for Silicon.

But also, what exactly is the use case here?
More robust and syndicate parts for borgs, which are bound to AI laws anyway?

Having syndicate parts and roaming around calls for troubles and getting hurt as borg.
Maybe replace the nukie gunbot with a more versatile borg?

Don't get me wrong, would love to get more silicon options.
But as already noticed in my Syndicate AI idea, ain't quite easy.
(https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19566)

Without some default syndicate laws syndicate borg baseline, I don't quite see it.
At the very least I could see a new like 10 to 12 tc robotics item that acts like the conversion chamber but as a deluxe version that can make these buffed cyborgs. Maybe?

It would be really cool to see a cyborg antagonist type. Like the station is just hit by a cyborg invasion force from a syndicate AI experiment gone wrong or something. Or gone right even.
(10-07-2022, 04:56 PM)Redbacko Wrote: But also, what exactly is the use case here?

Without some default syndicate laws syndicate borg baseline, I don't quite see it.

Could be solved by having them mountable only on the syndi frame & balance cost accordingly

Effectively trades stealth for power
(10-08-2022, 12:07 AM)MetricDuck Wrote:
(10-07-2022, 04:56 PM)Redbacko Wrote: But also, what exactly is the use case here?

Could be solved by having them mountable only on the syndi frame & balance cost accordingly

Effectively trades stealth for power

This is precisely the plan. They would only be syndicate borgs. They’re like nukie bots but customizable and can do more