Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New team based antagonist - Scrappers
I'm definitely all for a new, and more low-key team based Antag mode. This means potential for it being on the RP Server! The Scrapper aesthetic is very unique and hasn't been seen much in the game before, if at all, so that alone to me is a very appealing concept.

I do have similar concerns however when it comes to viability of the early game. While I can imagine how this would operate on the RP Server where things are more low-key, when it comes to Classic I'm not really that sure as I don't play that nearly enough so I'll only have to resort to speculations. I can imagine they'd get swarmed really quickly in the early game and killed due to their long term potential to cripple the station by breaking critical systems. I think from the start, they should be granted the ability to craft one or two weaker items, either for self defence, or to start an early gimmick with said general gimmicky items, so the average Staff Assistant or Sec Officer will think twice before just bludgeoning them to death. I can imagine for instance splitting into two teams, where one goes and stealthily scraps, while the others just go around being delinquents to keep Sec occupied. Giving them flash protection from the start would also be beneficial.

Definitely looking forward to see what becomes of this project in the future, and hopefully I can contribute to it in some way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [suggestion] New team based antagonist - Scrappers - by Wrench-1 - 10-05-2022, 11:37 AM