Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QoL update for janitors.
what I'm thinking is a special belt for janitor!

How it works: 

It's a purple belt that janitor starts with when they spawn in. to balance it being a free belt, i think it should only hold janitorial items [spray bottle, floor signs, cleaner nades, ect].

Why?

It is annoying to have to beg mechanic, engineer, CE, or AI to let you in somewhere to get a belt, so this should fix the annoyance of having to go somewhere and get a belt. Also it's a unique belt, who wouldn't want a fun belt?

as always, leave a comment on what you think of the idea. i think it would be a nice addition for the janitors who work hard [?] to keep this station clean.

Thank you.
Yeeesss, anything to get my utopian dream of having a sec-like janitor departement further along will please me greatly bow bow bow 

also I don't think this would really be unbalanced, belts aren't that uncommon and it's more of an inconvenience to have to get a belt everytime, not that I personally need more storage than a backpack, I only carry around a single bucket, a mop and a sponge, but I do realise that I couldn't really carry around cleaning grenades if I wanted to (without a belt). Maybe this'll bring me to finally use the other cool janitor gadgets more

Also go one step further and make this a jandolier instead of a belt for style points
Janitor belt sounds good. Could have it hold some janitorial items that are normally too big for a belt too. Medical belts do a similar thing.
Janitors, like mechanics, are one of the few jobs that actually walk throughout the station a lot. While a lot of other jobs don't need a belt because they're usually close to their associated station, janitors would definitely benefit from having a dedicated belt with cleaning supplies. I could easily see their towel, a sponge, cleaner bottle and cleaner grenade or handheld vacuum being in there at round start. If there's a demand for it I'll gladly whip up a PR for this.
i rarely play janitor but i can see the value in having a belt that holds your essentials while still keeping your bag uncluttered
do janitors not have enough? they have SO much qol and rewareds and struff....I mean its w/e but I feel like janitors are allready the job with the most love. maybe if so just a fanny pack that only has 4 slots but can hold boxes?
(10-11-2022, 03:01 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: I mean its w/e but I feel like janitors are allready the job with the most love. maybe if so just a fanny pack that only has 4 slots but can hold boxes?

This seems more powerful then basically a reskinned standard toolbelt.
[Image: unknown.png]

purble
(10-11-2022, 03:01 PM)Silent Majority Wrote: do janitors not have enough? they have SO much qol and rewareds and struff....I mean its w/e but I feel like janitors are allready the job with the most love. maybe if so just a fanny pack that only has 4 slots but can hold boxes?

Speaking from experience, most janitors already nab a utility belt (or steal one of the ones from medical) roundstart. Giving them a belt by default isn't going to change very much.
As janitor I usually rush to podbay or tool storage for a toolbelt, I'd be pretty happy if janitors started with one, if balancing is needed, either make the belt with less than 7 holding item spaces or make only cleaning equipment fit in it.
Pretty much I have no problem with Janitors having this.
I am a detective main and I have a belt item and backpack and even I get it too full to do anything.
Cuffs, gun, flash, devices, objects, gadgets... there is a reason detectives get a "foresnics cart" too.

But janitors? They need to drag a cart around , but wait.. if they do that.. they can't drag a bucket for their mop..
And let's not get into the hassle of the scrubber...

I see no problem giving them a belt from the get go.. since it saves them alot of time and Janitors like Security and Detectives have to roam around ALOT and need alot of tools to do certain things.
I have had so many moments where I had to go back to the closet several times for cleaning supplies OR lightbulbs cause it was either being cleaning effecient or fixing effecient. Even with other janitors around...
It’s the most stylish belt ever 10/10 purple moment
I've gone ahead and made a PR for this feature, best of luck that it gets implemented.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/11331
I don't like that sprite or the purple belt tbh, if we're doin this I personally would like for it to have more of a purple medical belt look with tubes hanging off of it and passively refill spray bottles with space cleaner though idk if other devs would agree w me on that
(10-12-2022, 09:36 AM)Cal Wrote: I don't like that sprite or the purple belt tbh, if we're doin this I personally would like for it to have more of a purple medical belt look with tubes hanging off of it and passively refill spray bottles with space cleaner though idk if other devs would agree w me on that

Not attached to the sprite whatsoever. I only went with a fanny because of the janny fanny pun, I'd be more than happy to replace it / have it be replaced by someone else.