Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the suicide verb from the AI
Kaet Wrote:As someone who likes to often play AI, I don't really mind the suicide laws as long as they are well written.
Sure the cyborgs might complain and try to look for a loophole, but I tell them that I ain't taking no for an answer and we are all going to make a suicide pact and if I don't see them in the afterlife then they are a huge ween.

Honestly though what hurts my robotic feelings more is when they come up and beat me personally instead of telling me to kill myself.
Its just so much more personal when they put in that extra effort.
Honestly I just think It's good form to put the effort into killing the AI yourself. Just upload a law to kill the borgs and then take the AI out yourself. Feels much better than a kill yourself law.
Yeah, I've changed my mind, this idea is dumb.
I'm gonna work on two things:

1) putting a killswitch command for the AI onto the killswitch console, with the usual warnings and timers

2) a thing to have the AI's suicide verb kick out a command alert about the AI hibernating / going into power-saving mode / bluescreening

Suiciding could then start a timer, let's say 10 minutes, after which a check is performed- if the AI core is still intact, then the job becomes available for a latejoin person to take over (probably with the laws reset)
Cogwerks Wrote:I'm gonna work on two things:

1) putting a killswitch command for the AI onto the killswitch console, with the usual warnings and timers

2) a thing to have the AI's suicide verb kick out a command alert about the AI hibernating / going into power-saving mode / bluescreening

Suiciding could then start a timer, let's say 10 minutes, after which a check is performed- if the AI core is still intact, then the job becomes available for a latejoin person to take over (probably with the laws reset)

You could make AI cores buildable (with a shared set of laws). Vacant ones can be occupied by late-joiners. Or fresh brains.
Marquesas Wrote:

You could make AI cores buildable (with a shared set of laws). Vacant ones can be occupied by late-joiners. Or fresh brains.

Buying an empty AI core from QM would be neat. I know alot of cyborgs would be up for replacing the AI

But why? It's not going to change anything and if you put a big fuck off command alert when the AI dies it doesn't make it a viable tactic for a traitor to kill the AI, which is just shit. I don't understand the train of thought being put into changing what works. What's the point of assassinating an AI by pulling it's brain out if by doing that you're guaranteeing someone else can spawn in as an AI? You're pretty much cutting off an entire tactic just because some AI players are garbage.
Way to miss the part about the core being checked before a new AI can spawn.
Cogwerks Wrote:Suiciding could then start a timer, let's say 10 minutes, after which a check is performed- if the AI core is still intact, then the job becomes available for a latejoin person to take over (probably with the laws reset)

If latejoin AI becomes a thing could the AI job not be forced anymore when there are less than 10 or so people and nobody has the job as favorite?
Most of the time whoever is randomly picked had no intention of playing AI; and they're forced to spend a whole round bored out of their skull.
Sure, why not.
imo the freeform should be moved somewhere else, maybe then the other laws might get more use instead of always being ignored in favour of freeform.
Cogwerks Wrote:Way to miss the part about the core being checked before a new AI can spawn.

I did get that, but the core would be intact if the brain is pulled out.
Klayboxx Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:Way to miss the part about the core being checked before a new AI can spawn.

I did get that, but the core would be intact if the brain is pulled out.

that's the entire point. the core is there, not destroyed, and without an associated ghost. therefore a player can spawn into it after 10 minutes and become the new AI.
CaptainBravo Wrote:that's the entire point. the core is there, not destroyed, and without an associated ghost. therefore a player can spawn into it after 10 minutes and become the new AI.

Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying. Why take the brain out to kill an AI if another one is going to spawn in? Cogwerks shot down letting people spawn in as cyborgs if there was a frame available because it'd make it hard to accomplish traitor objectives so how is this any different?
Especially if destroying the core is going to let everyone on the station know that the AI was murdered with a centcom announcement.
Klayboxx Wrote:Cogwerks shot down letting people spawn in as cyborgs if there was a frame available because it'd make it hard to accomplish traitor objectives so how is this any different?

discussion on IRC earlier indicates that there is in fact no "kill the AI objective anymore," only "steal the AI's neural net matrix" or whatever the fuck that one is. it's not going to interfere with anything and will let people bring the hammer down on shit AIs without forcing the entire crew to go without one forever.