Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relook at/make other syndicate drone types cheaper to produce (except x-drones)
The original nerf was largely put in motion due to how often x-drones were spammed, and how impossibly tough and powerful they were in mass quantities.

A blanket nerf on the cost of all the other drones has basically killed mechanic syndie drone strats completely - I have not seen it made in any good numbers over the past few months of constant play. If you have something to track this, it would be lovely to see statistics as well.

The rest of the syndicate drones are no where as powerful as the x-drone, and ALL of them (including the saw drone) can be countered by a simple barrier.

Even if they could be made in large numbers, they are also highly prone to friendly firing and killing themselves/each other. The explosive 40mm (or 20mm) drone is the worst example of this - they often kill themselves in AoE after firing a few shots, mostly into walls/glasses while chasing a distant target

Additionally, unlike sawflies which don't go after their maker, syndicate drones have no problems killing their deployer. The increased risk should be factored into consideration as well.

Pictured : the cost of the most basic saw drone which dies in a few phaser hits
[Image: lyqkc9Q.jpg]
I saw some drones in a fab yesterday and I remember thinking: how would anyone make this?
Spoiler: they didn't.

Haven't seen syndie drones on station in a long while. Could easily reduce material cost to make this a more enticing route for traitors.

(Although I'm not sure if the difficulty comes from material gathering or from the amount of game knowledge required to pull it off)