Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limits of grenade kits
So scientists are able to access grenade kits as a traitor, but I was wondering what there limits are. Do they shoot out a fair ammount of reagent? and can they be used with flash powder to create makeshift flashbangs?
So, the way custom chem grenades work isn't 100% intuitive, and the specific way they work informs what chemicals actually work with them. In short, when a chemical grenade detonates, a few things happen:

* The contents of the grenade's component beakers are combined and allowed to react
* Any unique grenade behaviors, such as voltagen's arcing, for any chems are allowed to proc
* For the remaining contents of the grenade (after reactions), each chem's TOUCH reaction is applied to everything in a radius (IIRC either a 7x7 or a 9x9 area for most chems)

This makes them more useful for things categorized under pyrotechnics. You could, for example, mix flourosurfactant and water or smoke powder precursors with a chemical payload to make a more conventional chemical bomb, or fill it with phlogiston and thermite to create a floor-melter. A lot of the premade grenades actually use the same mechanics as the custom chem ones under the hood, if you're looking for a starting point.

However, there aren't many use cases for the grenade kit that aren't already doable through beaker assemblies. You may want to save your TC using those instead so you can buy other toys.
(10-03-2022, 07:01 AM)RubberRats Wrote: So, the way custom chem grenades work isn't 100% intuitive, and the specific way they work informs what chemicals actually work with them. In short, when a chemical grenade detonates, a few things happen:

* The contents of the grenade's component beakers are combined and allowed to react
* Any unique grenade behaviors, such as voltagen's arcing, for any chems are allowed to proc
* For the remaining contents of the grenade (after reactions), each chem's TOUCH reaction is applied to everything in a radius (IIRC either a 7x7 or a 9x9 area for most chems)

This makes them more useful for things categorized under pyrotechnics. You could, for example, mix flourosurfactant and water or smoke powder precursors with a chemical payload to make a more conventional chemical bomb, or fill it with phlogiston and thermite to create a floor-melter. A lot of the premade grenades actually use the same mechanics as the custom chem ones under the hood, if you're looking for a starting point.

However, there aren't many use cases for the grenade kit that aren't already doable through beaker assemblies. You may want to save your TC using those instead so you can buy other toys.
Ah gotcha, so if it's only touch activated, it wouldnt be possible to make a sleepy grenade from using ether, correct? thanks for clearing this up smile, i'll just use my points on some other items
I do think you can also mouse trap the chem grenades you can buy vs beaker assemblies which can't right? Or am I remembering incorrectly
I believe that is correct, yes. Although you can put a signaler on a mousetrap that signals a beaker bomb in the same container and it works just as well
The grenade kits are confusing as hell, at least for me.