Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Personal AI's?
Lightbulb 
Hello! I know pretty much the in's and out's of Robotics, being an AI and Borg and understand the laws, etc. I just so happened to play Paradise a few days ago and a feature stood out to me that I thought would be a very cool idea to add to our own servers, which are the Personal AI's, or pAI's. 

I never thought about this type of AI unit into the game until I explored my boundaries with other servers and saw their own quirks. Having your own little pocket device would be really interesting as an RP aspect as well!

I would ramble off about the features that I saw inside Paradise, but their wiki for the pAI pretty much talks about that!

Any other thoughts or ideas pop up into someone's mind that would be something like this or features that aren't already listed in the inserted link? Thanks!
This is a really cool idea that I feel like would be right at home in any RP server. The other day I was thinking about being captain and having a silicon bodyguard or something of the sort, so this is pretty much a more normalized and casual version of it. I could very much see anything ranging from guardbuddies to personal ghost drones that could help repair cables in engineering and what not.
So mentor mice but not used for knowledge purposes? Ehh

Okay after reading further it's like an observer that can snitch for you and do really powerful things like show you the crew manifest? Sheesh

Absolutely screams metabuddy to me
last i played a main branch with them people never used them because playing a helmet camera isn't very fun
(10-04-2022, 02:07 AM)Cal Wrote: So mentor mice but not used for knowledge purposes? Ehh

Okay after reading further it's like an observer that can snitch for you and do really powerful things like show you the crew manifest? Sheesh

From what I remember its a player controlled PDA that can do extra stuff like hacking a door if they stand next to it for several seconds or walking around as a hologram.

I think leaving it as a player controlled PDA is enough for pAI.

Like for doctors it could search if a player is a puritan or check a security records for a security assistant, or door hacking with packet senders as the pAI of an antagonist.
i like the idea for when you want to play but would rather just be a significantly scaled down version of an ai in somebody's bag/pocket
Alternatively you can just play as a skeleton pop off your head hide your body in a locker.
(10-04-2022, 02:07 AM)Cal Wrote: So mentor mice but not used for knowledge purposes? Ehh

How would seeing the manifest be powerful? IIRC there's a public computer on Oshan to see the manifest, and anyone can buy PDA modules from the cartyparty to access medical/security records, which lists jobs. imo most OP think a pAI has is like... the data cable to hack doors, but I think it notifies all silicons if it tries using it.

Definitely a metafriend magnet though yeah