Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.15 Average
[CLOSED PR] Gives cooldown to farts and burps
Why is everyone acting like this pr will kill there grandma or whatever? Its literally just a (closed) cooldown on the more spammable noises, I just dont like hearing the same noise over and over again on the shuttle its nothing like dense.
Honestly, I am against any form of emote spam, especially if it has a noise attached to it. From what I can see this would literally just stop large amounts of fart spam, wasn't zippo lighter also changed because of flick spam? Just because farts are a part of goonstation culture does not mean we can never touch them; as if they are sacred to modify even slightly. Literally, all this does is stop spam and condense the same amount of fart into 5 seconds. You can still fart at your friends, fart on a person, etc.

I don't hate farts, I think they are a cool mechanic and fine as is. It is just silly low-brow humor with some actually interesting mechanics. I am more into the flipping culture but I have no problem with farts and I have no problem with this. Mechanically changes almost nothing and if anything buffs farts and fart-forcing chems. I am confused about what was honestly so oppositional or controversial about this change. 5 seconds isn't even that long.

I totally get being nostalgic and liking farts and how it has been a part of goon forever but this is not threatening to remove that. Honestly, I would be more inclined to use fart mechanics if I know I don't have to sit there spamming F so I can collect some farts and can do some other things like PDA message someone or chat a bit while doing it. (if I am playing a job or doing something with farts in it)

I think if this was branded as a quality of life change for engineering or a sort of buff to the obscure fart chemical use I would say people would be more interested in it. I know I would still be interested because this just sounds like it does both those things to me, regardless of the emote spam. I think the only thing I can think of personally that this might impact badly would be like...steering yourself in space with bean farts?
(10-02-2022, 06:03 PM)Ikea Wrote: Why is everyone acting like this pr will kill there grandma or whatever? Its literally just a (closed) cooldown on the more spammable noises, I just dont like hearing the same noise over and over again on the shuttle its nothing like dense.

There are a few things goon is well known for. Among them are bees, farts, an own style of sprites and maybe the bans over slurs.

It should be pretty obvious that trying to change one of these pillars will raise controversy. You could even consider it a sacrilege.