Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replacement for pitcherbombs
So, in recent changes, pitcher bombs got removed.

It is fair to not have a 120u throwable bombe be that accessable to player, that is completely understandable. BUT they were a very quickly avaible throwable application method of chems and this is lacking now. E.g. in a nukie situation, you simply don't got the time to prepare a handfull of beaker or pipebombs. Besides, mixing chems in puddles from a distance is now impossible, which is kinda a problem for some gimmicks.

Because of this i would like to brainstorm how we can read a more fair variant of this. Personally, i would be fine with having old fashoined glasses and below be breakable by throwing. 20u of a chem on throw don't outcompete a beaker splashing or a beaker bomb and would be pretty fair in comparison to before.

Besides, playing barkeeper isn't really the same without having some glasses break.
(10-02-2022, 02:30 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: So, in recent changes, pitcher bombs got removed.

It is fair to not have a 120u throwable bombe be that accessable to player, that is completely understandable. BUT they were a very quickly avaible throwable application method of chems and this is lacking now. E.g. in a nukie situation, you simply don't got the time to prepare a handfull of beaker or pipebombs. Besides, mixing chems in puddles from a distance is now impossible, which is kinda a problem for some gimmicks.

Because of this i would like to brainstorm how we can read a more fair variant of this. Personally, i would be fine with having old fashoined glasses and below be breakable by throwing. 20u of a chem on throw don't outcompete a beaker splashing or a beaker bomb and would be pretty fair in comparison to before.

Besides, playing barkeeper isn't really the same without having some glasses break.

How about delayed reaction chemicals? 
Like a chemical reaction that turns things into gas no matter what it is, but by doing so you got a few seconds before it goes off.
This would change beaker bombing into chemical combining.

Now there is counterplay with Janitors mopping it up, Players shoving the chems out of hands or even standing in the way of chemical mix.
We have that with pyrosium/oxygen/smoke powder combination. A chem combination that is there since a long time and complete unused.

I think it could also be fine if we remove the random chance for baloons to pop when filled. You would still need to source baloons, but any clown would most likely help with that. It's also affecting baloon melons for some reason.
(10-02-2022, 04:47 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: We have that with pyrosium/oxygen/smoke powder combination. A chem combination that is there since a long time and complete unused.

I think it could also be fine if we remove the random chance for baloons to pop when filled. You would still need to source baloons, but any clown would most likely help with that. It's also affecting baloon melons for some reason.

I technically would love if the clown has a trait that allows them to always inflate balloons correctly.
what if it was reimplemented but instead of the insane 120U instant application from getting glassed, it just... splashed in a puddle around where/who it hits, applying up to 10u each tile
This was already l the case iirc. Most mixes would just cover the floor in beer/phlogiston/whatever else you shoved in a round drinking glass. But certain mixes, such as phlog napalm mix, made for example a big fireball in impact, which made them very effective against nukies and especially blobs. Making something that’s more effective than the incendiary grenade in less than a minute (and before somebody says it takes longer, I have done it in under a minute) proved to be a balance issue

TLDR: AFAIK, it’s not just about how the glasses react, it’s how the chems inside them react.
And 10u in like 12 tiles is still like 12 small sizes fireballs, enough for a ludicrious coverage.

120u is just too much. Which is why i suggested the 20u and below variants as the only breakable.

Like a balanced middle ground between a too high amount (120u, like before) and nothing at all (like now)
Hear me out
You put a rag on a drinking bottle then you set fire to the rag
Now it's "armed" and emits a soft glow from the rag being on fire akin to glowsticks
It blows up in a random time between 8 and 12 seconds or when it hits something after being thrown
When it "blows up" it's gonna heat everything in it by 30 degrees, then the bottle will break and delete any remaining chems in it
Basically you've made a more unstable beaker bomb for a bit less effort
It also doesn't dispense it's chems on the target or all around the floor, so the extra overpowered old pitcher bomb stuff is out the window