Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Botany: mutagen, mutadone and QoL changes
Quote:while simultaneously making mutagen and mutadone something people want to use in botany

i don't know what's going on that makes you think people don't want to use these, for any capable botanist you'll easily be burning through both of these to get a nice set of gene strains on your desired plants. I personally get through several watering cans quite regularly. The reason you don't PLANT in mutagen is because it fucks up your plant stats, then just as you're about to harvest it it swaps species to something you don't want.

species rolling is basically free through planting, so perhaps it's worth adding an irradiation button to the plantmaster that simply damages a seed and rolls new species on it.

the main issue youll find with rebalancing is that everything uses unstable mutagen and RNG. I think the balance is fine right now, and editing the effects of the commonly used mutagens aren't going to improve things that much. Increasing the odds of new species on mutagen will make gene strain hunting harder.

mutadone is fine, it has its purpose (fix bad plant stats, including awkward ones caused by mutagen like -lifespan), there is a gene strain for handling passive mutation over time which is deliberately made more difficult to obtain. planting stuff in mutagen is just cheap infusion and should probably stay inferior to infusion.

nobody uses slurry or stable mutagen outside of slurry's secret use. if you really want to make it cool, make stable mutagen roll plant stats with an upwards bias & no chance for strain or species change. maybe make it negatively impact plant health. it's a pain in the butt for botanists to make so make it worth it as a god-fertiliser. Stable mutagen on round-start is a no go, unless you want every botanist to 3 copies of one person every round

Messages In This Thread
RE: Botany: mutagen, mutadone and QoL changes - by TDHooligan - 09-30-2022, 08:47 AM