Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Botany: mutagen, mutadone and QoL changes
Rainbow 
I would love to hear ideas and suggestions on how to better improve how botany plays and improvements to mutagens(of all types) and mutadone as well as quality of life improvements. Doesn't need to be thoughts on what I am working on or how we could do it but those comments are very much appreciated especially for mutadone. This is a rough framework of some of the things I have been thinking about

Currently, I am working on a PR to change mutagen to be the main source of non-infusion mutations by boosting their chance to mutate to 100% or near that. On that same note, I will probably be removing plants' chance to mutate on planting to further facilitate reliance on mutagens to mutate your plants. Spam planting seeds has been the most consistent way to get plants to mutate quickly and easily. It has barely any downside, is tedious, and is very unintuitive. 

I also set out in the PR to have mutagen be more interesting in general, the idea I had was having stable mutagen be what you mainly use for mutations or gene strains, adding it as a new chem to the vendors. having it only mildly alter stats while still mutating and/ or gene strains (splice enabler etc). Unstable mutagen would be a stronger step up from that, mutating the plant, the gene strains, and decently messing with stats. While glowing slurry would be the be-all end-all of mutagens for botany, messing with stats a lot, a coin flip(or guaranteed?) chance of giving the unstable gene trait as well as mutating the plant wildly in every way. These could also be locked behind tiers of mutation for all non-infusion plants. further giving people options to balance their plant PRs and the like behind if it can show up from the lower strength mutagens or the higher strength.

For mutadone I am less sure, mostly because of all the ideas I have for it I am unsure of how to implement it or if I have the know-how to do so. My current idea was reverting mutations and gene strains you may pick up from plants that you do not want. As well as a chance of giving the plant the stabilizer gene strain. 

My goals for my changes are to improve the QoL in botany while simultaneously making mutagen and mutadone something people want to use in botany. As said before it would also make it more intuitive and better match what mentors and in-game material tries to say is the best way to get plant mutations. 

queen greater domestic space-bee

Messages In This Thread
Botany: mutagen, mutadone and QoL changes - by Scaltra - 09-28-2022, 07:08 PM