Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
(10-09-2022, 09:40 PM)SirSwagmeyer Wrote: This is especially awful on lowpop. I could give a few examples here.

I remember a round where the Chief Engineer had completely disappeared to do Adventure Zones with a friend, never returning for the entire round. They left behind a new, latejoining engineer to fumble around to try and figure out how to set up the engine by themselves. I had to bring together myself, the AI, and a miner to try and help this Engineer figure it out. They never responded. Not a damn word on the radio. I only realized post-round that they were off doing Azones.
I've also had a group of doctors completely ignore my dying body, heart exposed, on an operating table just to RP with a monkey they were familiar with who was having an allergic reaction. I died, and they left my corpse on that operating table for so long that it started rotting. When I respawned, the corpse was still there, and they were still RPing with the monkey.

I could go on and on, but here's the TLDR of it: In a situation where we need all the capable hands that we can get to keep the station functional, prioritizing a metafriend is nothing if not detrimental to the integrity of the station.

On that note.. now I remember some situations where "I died" or "The head of the department dissappeared" or "Such things"
I recently started to Ahelp such behaviours.
For example.. I see an empty medbay, a doctor runs in and I am like: "I need a doctor here"
They go: "Nah!" and run off...
I contact the HoP. "Doctors ain't doing their jobs, I had to grab what I could to stablize someone here"
HoP not responding on doing their job, cause they are RPing something else.

I have litterly seen stuff what you mention before with me going: "Why do you ROLL engineer if you wanna SCIENTIST?"
"Why do you roll doctor if you wanna be a drunk staff assistant?"
"Why do you roll security if you don't wanna security?"
Not really a CLIQUE problem, more players having random rolls on and then changing from not getting what they want..
Sure the HOP can change it, but... that slot they used? Gone. You rolled Doctor but wanted to be something else and you get it? That doctor slot for late joiner is GONE!

Anyhow.. this is why I rely on being a detective and security main most of the time. As I can access those areas and do their job if it's an emergency even if it's breaking charater, cause... if I don't do it... everyone's RP will be sabotaged. It also makes me be captain more often cause again.. all access all work can be done by me if needed.
Engine not being worked on since engineers want to build stuff? Fine I'll do it so we have power.
Doctors off to A-zones? Guess I'll hire some people or do it myself so the rest of the crew won't die.

I don't hate these kinda shifts since I still get interaction as the captain who is helping everyone, but I do end up docking their pays for not responding or doing their jobs, cause let's face it. If you aren't willing to do your job....that money is best spend somewhere else. (Also A-help it, but this is an in-universe consiquence)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Kotlol - 10-10-2022, 04:05 AM