Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
I think I was viewed as having a clique. One I didn't actually interact with oocly, or one that I didn't interact with Icly, both around the same time. I never really noticed this till others pointed it out and I quickly tried to remedy the situation. You see a thing is, I quiet enjoy people here on this server. But I don't ...like... try to ever keep them to one. I see a lot of people who will be like "I like Bartender 4. Therefore, any character Bartender 4 makes, from quartermaster 2 to captain 18 to even botanist 9 I am going to always rp with them, even if I have to make a character to rp with this version" or other people who do not...really engage much in the conceit of what the game is to instead consistently and only hang out with a few people. If they're security and their friends are antags then they get a pass, if they're this then they're that then they're fine, etc.

I have some smattering of friends here. this does not change how I rp or treat them, and likewise there are people I associate with in character quite extensively that I do not speak with oocly.

I, the person, am not Piffany. I Don't want Piffany to be me, either. I already did me, and, pretty much crushed it.

I understand people want to play with their friends and stick to a social group they enjoy. But I think that heavily leaves the feeling of isolation to others. In the field of space I will always treat people only as my character would, the person behind me just steers the character away from engaging in bad behavior. Otherwise, no matter how much or how little i know anyone I will treat them the same way as anyone else.

And for people who do often end up cloistered like that? Talk to other people. Some will reject you because they're doing their own thing. And that is fine, but nothing beats the excitement of finding someone new to tell stories with..

And like..again. I don't know who or what you are, and if you don't prompt me to I'm not gonna pay attention to your Player Handle. if you wanna just interact with someone I am always happy to interact with my sad edge girl. And if you ever felt I excluded or cut you off or shut you down, when I am playing I do try to stay really ic. I take the 'you want to keep your job' thing serious so Piffany(or variations there of), at least, will always put her work before anyone or anything else. Her doing that doesn't mean anyone interacting with her isn't free to tag along or try to join in or stuff. Just doctors gonna doctor, sec offs gonna sec.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Silent Majority - 10-05-2022, 06:23 AM