Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
i think the worst part about all of this, meta-cliques in general, is that a lot of the time the people participating in them don't even realize what they're doing. that's why ahelping it is super important, so admins can let these people Know what they're doing and hopefully they make moves to change that.
i also agree with munien, that rp-chat can feel very like, left out. and adding on that it feels like if you don't talk a lot in there with your character names displayed that you're less likely to be sought out for rp in-game.
i'm a low-pop advocate, sylvester main for life, and it feels even more lonely as of late. like i started playing last year when low pop was basically 5 people online, and it didn't feel as lonely as 20 pop does now-a-days. i've rarely been playing because of it, and instead taken a step back to just observing, and just mentor mousing when needed.
on the topic of having to be a known name,    it really really really sucks. i play new characters a lot, i don't tell anyone that i play them, and do my best not to looc unless needed. and the just like, getting Ignored by people until they realize it's you playing said character hurts a lot.
i think the only way to like, change all of this, is up to the people in these cliques. it's up to them to start including more people, to start talking more to unknown people, to start actively trying to be more open. and like i said before, a lot of times these people don't Realize they're being cliquey, so ahelping is important in this manner. esp since there's a chance they probably don't read the forums and won't see this convo.

also another thing, i know azones have like a limit to the amount of people who can do them until they become like, too many people, but i really think if you're going to do an azone with some people you should at least try to include someone random into the adventure. like, i was going to do retention with two other people, had talked in DMs about it before round, and we all three saw a scientist we never really interacted with a lot just vibing, invited them, and they made the azone way much better.
just going off to an azone in a small group without talking to anyone else about it stinks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by avimour - 09-29-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM