Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
When my fiancé first started playing, he tended towards low pop RP because he was new and wanted a slower environment. And, miserably a few days after, he told me he didn’t want to play anymore, because no one talked to him (at best), or at worst he was being actively ignored all the time. He genuinely told me he thought that that’s what all the servers would end up being. That’s the perspective of a new player.

I personally don’t play lowpop RP for the same reasons. The idea of a lower population to roleplay with is appealing to me, but the cliques are so bad that, well. Never again have I played since the first few times. 

It has happened on goon3 RP too. I distinctly remember becoming, well, frazzled and upset one round, because I put a lot of effort into making a silly chem for everyone to try. But when I approached groups with it to start roleplay, I was ignored, told to leave, or people were just genuinely rude. At one point I even despondently asked someone if they’d like to try it, and broke character somewhat by spilling what had happened, and all but begged them for some sort of interaction. They responded, ‘meh.’ Closed the door. 

Anyway! If someone is visibly having a hard time RPing and being ignored, please try to interact with them. I’m not sure how else you could manage this sort of problem, but I figured I’d say my side of it too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Roddy - 09-28-2022, 03:56 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM