Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
(09-28-2022, 10:28 AM)Emrsnn Wrote: It would be lying to say that I don't benefit from or even enjoy the feeling that people treat me like I'm in some way "vetted", however the bottom line is that new players don't hold the privilege of having some well-known "main character" personality that they can retreat to when they're tired of being excluded.

i dont even have the creativity to make a successful main character, i simply rip a name from elsewhere that i think sounds cool, and then work on game mechanics rather than some kind of personality

as what id consider to be a new player, the culture is very weird. everyone fiends over miss coconut, departments do tons of conflicting things at once without attempting to be additive to what someone else is doing, science in particular, and it seems that if someone doesnt do something the way that they are expected to, or the way they do it is disliked, its considered wrong.
i dont remember any specific examples, but its something ive definitely noticed in the short time ive played.

and though i know as an outsider looking in, it isnt my place to say, but the whole "just admin help it" thing REALLY detracts from what ss13 feels like as a game to me. shits gonna happen, and if you expect it, i dont see its value.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Witherael - 09-28-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM