Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion.
Question 
I can't speak on everyone else behalf but I have sadly seen a big increase of ingrouping on RP lately. For context, I went on a well needed break a couple weeks ago so I could get some burnout out of my system. When I had originally left I thought that we were taking step in the right direction to stomping this bit out of our community. IC I felt like it was safe to talk to just about anyone and try and make more passive light friendships. It was obvious to tell when someone was really engrossed in some RP or a situation and it was clear that they had a focus so there was no questions as to if they were available to talk or not. 

Post break when I came back it was a bit of a culture shock, I originally thought it was just because I hadn't been around a while and people needed to warm up to me. As time passes I am starting to think this isn't the case. The past few days have been really bad about this, I keep cryoing because I'll try to walk up to some more experienced players in the hallway or that are just chatting in security and try and spark a funny convo or something and I have been repeatedly been met with direct exclusion or being lightly dismissed by being ignored or looked at as if my character were behaving majorly aloof. 

The worst part? I'm not even that new to the community! I get greeted on a daily basis, I have my own group of friends IC and OOC and everything! I can't imagine how it is for an entirely new player right now. 

This isn't a pity me post. I'd like to try and spark a discussion about how we can try and limit this and make the bests experience possible for everyone who plays here. I don't think anyone wants others to feel excluded or out of the loop. This is less a talk about giving actual preferential treatment in RP since that itself is against the rules to my knowledge. 

What can YOU do to help with this issue? What are issues you have seen yourself regarding cliques, how does it make you feel when you get excluded or see someone else get excluded, what are some steps you can take to ease this issue, do you think/know you are apart of the problem? 

IS THERE EVEN A PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

(These are all great places to start if you don't got much too add, hopefully we can widdle down this stump we have wedged in out community.)

Personally, I've made it my goal to reach out and try to talk to someone I've never talked to each round and try to spread the attention around to everyone when there is multiple people talking since I'v seen a "group convo" turn into two people talking with spectators.

Messages In This Thread
A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Bigbro175 - 09-27-2022, 02:04 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by mab - 09-28-2022, 04:51 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Ikea - 10-02-2022, 10:59 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-03-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: A Meta-Friending/Clique Discussion. - by Cal - 10-04-2022, 01:54 AM