Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun-Hating Access Changes
Clarks Wrote:
Klayboxx Wrote:I don't get why he has free reign over the entire station other than engineering/mining. It's a little funky.

Let's keep engineering off the hos list. Whenever I am a hos and I need to get in there I just get the AI or some engineer to open for me.

Yeah, I agree with engineering but I really wish the HoS at least had mining access. It's impossible to get the AI's help while in mining to get around.
There are cameras on the mining station. Tell the AI to switch camera network and it can be your butler.
Clarks Wrote:There are cameras on the mining station. Tell the AI to switch camera network and it can be your butler.

D'oh!
So ah, I might be an awful person, but whenever I'm HoS I just give my ID all access. This seems like the easier solution. I'm sorry don't kill me.
That disables your HoS-specific access though
Depending on how you do it, it doesn't. If you slot your card in, click "Captain", and walk off... well yeah, you're screwed. If you just put the card in, and manually click every entry to get access, it takes forever but doesn't disable your current access.
Winged_Chiller Wrote:So ah, I might be an awful person, but whenever I'm HoS I just give my ID all access. This seems like the easier solution. I'm sorry don't kill me.

I only do that if something serious is going down. Otherwise, I'm comfortable with my default settings and I think it's funner. But I don't think it's a bad thing.
I agree.

The red door in morgue doesn't really make that much sense if sec has medbay access now.

The door was originally there for detective to do science in, but since I'm 99% certain detective has medbay access now, just replace the red one with a generic medbay door.

If this were a new map it might make more sense to move detectives office closer to the morgue so that he'd actually use it.

Of course detective's primarily used as security anyway so it's not the best idea.
Replace the security door with a Chaplain door, so he can retrieve bodies from the morgue and take them for Last Rites.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Replace the security door with a Chaplain door, so he can retrieve bodies from the morgue and take them for Last Rites.
The Chaplain can already get into the morgue from the crematorium.

The sec. door is a good way for traitors to sneak in and out of the morgue. Doctors can't use that door as a shortcut to get into medbay from maintenance, they are less likely to come into the morgue while you are doing shady business.
Clarks Wrote:The Chaplain can already get into the morgue from the crematorium.

Wait, what? I thought the crematorium was way on the north side of the station near the Chapel's morgue?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
Clarks Wrote:The Chaplain can already get into the morgue from the crematorium.

Wait, what? I thought the crematorium was way on the north side of the station near the Chapel's morgue?
The cross station pipeline from the morgue to the crematorium. It's really useful if you're being chased.
Well if you're going by that, any member of the crew can cram themselves into the disposal in front of medbay and pipeline into the morgue, but I thought we were talking about actual doors here.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Well if you're going by that, any member of the crew can cram themselves into the disposal in front of medbay and pipeline into the morgue, but I thought we were talking about actual doors here.

Agreed. A chute is not a door.
Sundance Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Well if you're going by that, any member of the crew can cram themselves into the disposal in front of medbay and pipeline into the morgue, but I thought we were talking about actual doors here.

Agreed. A chute is not a door.

And there's a good chance that pipeline is bombed halfway through the round anyway.

The Chapel/Morgue and Kitchen could probably stand to be next to Medbay instead of literally in the opposite corner anyway, but that's more for Cogmap 2/Aphtonitesmap/Nextmap.