Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
briefcase full of cash
idea for a traitor item, not sure how to price or balance it because my understanding of the economy is poo poo and you can buy A Lot of neat shit from traders with enough credits.
(09-27-2022, 12:32 AM)DisturbHerb Wrote: idea for a traitor item, not sure how to price or balance it because my understanding of the economy is poo poo and you can buy A Lot of neat shit from traders with enough credits.

Considering there is the BLACK MARKET for spy's

I'd say giving up your credits for a "black market pay out" is a fun idea that allows traitors to get other items from traders.
Yeah, I think that can be cool, a lot of good and interesting gimmicks could be done from liquidating your TC into credits. I am for it.
I quite like this, maybe make it QM specific though?
We had this.  It was removed because no one bought it.
(09-27-2022, 02:21 PM)Mouse Wrote: We had this.  It was removed because no one bought it.

That is fair, would probably be niche now. A lot has changed when it comes to money though, If I recall both lotteries( think) and cargo were nerfed to a degree in terms of printing money. The value of money on goonstation could honestly be another post entirely.
Would also run into the current problem with the loot crate system we have right now since gold bullion is usually in at least one of the round start crates and people will rush hard to get that quick 32k. If it was like 50k for a single tc there is some value there.
(09-27-2022, 02:21 PM)Mouse Wrote: We had this.  It was removed because no one bought it.

You're likely thinking of the loot crate. Which isn't the same thing.

Anyway a briefcase full of cash is directly a TG traitor item. If you wanna code this sort of thing I'd suggest making it a unique, maybe silver brief-case sprite with emphasis on case? I wouldn't totally be opposed but I imagine people would buy cash > turn into syndie commander outfit/pod shotgun shells/pod 40mm grenade shots.

I'd rather traitors get actual items instead.
(09-27-2022, 07:11 PM)Cal Wrote:

You're likely thinking of the loot crate. Which isn't the same thing.

Anyway a briefcase full of cash is directly a TG traitor item. If you wanna code this sort of thing I'd suggest making it a unique, maybe silver brief-case sprite with emphasis on case? I wouldn't totally be opposed but I imagine people would buy cash > turn into syndie commander outfit/pod shotgun shells/pod 40mm grenade shots.

I'd rather traitors get actual items instead.

Fair I didn't know all that, but... how about a fun fact to it?
The money has to be laundried so you can't put them into your ATMs...
But you can use them on vending machines and such.
Also you can't stack those credits with your normal one as they smell too "foul" (Damn Syndicate miasma).

Or it could be counterfeit credits.. wich has the same result... and the traitor now has to find ways to make their fake money be traded in for real money.
That way we turn it from: "It's just flat money you can put into your acount and buy stuff with" to "You gotta make these credits legal somehow."

Alternatively you can also just start washing the money in the washomat.... to make it legal. Just fun stuff.
Briefcase of cash sounds more like a gang or wrestling related item
What about like...a quatermaster item that works kind of like emaging the console but better? Maybe it opens up a black market trading option and gives you some money to start with so you can trade with them.

Or an ATM hack item that let's you funnel money from other players or the station when they use it? Leaves a trail of course so people have someone to be mad at? I don't know kinda spitballing a bit.
What if we changed the emag sprite to an AI linker sprite with an emag jammed in it so the idea is you jam it into things to interface with them and allow things like that

https://youtu.be/ZOTCzEsZsgE
(10-02-2022, 10:27 AM)Cal Wrote: What if we changed the emag sprite to an AI linker sprite with an emag jammed in it so the idea is you jam it into things to interface with them and allow things like that

https://youtu.be/ZOTCzEsZsgE

After seeing the video, yeah that sounds pretty dang cool. Takes a bit of time, needs an ATM etc. Maybe it will even get the Head of Personnel to start caring about embezzling funds...when they aren't the one doing it anyway...
I suggested a while ago a QM traitor item that opens up the way for selling corpses to the syndicate for money to fuel cargo-inspired murder